Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Mark
Fairlee VT
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  12:22:47 PM  Show Profile
Greetings All-
I reckon I qualify as a 'farm boy', not that it matters much...
I'm quite interested to open a discussion about working with ('co-creating') with nature intelligences. I know the idea may be way out there for a lot of folks, but I believe it is an important course of study for anyone who grows anything, whether it's a house plant or 2000 acres of soybeans...
Life has been doing quite well on this planet before us human types came along, so it seems a bit arrogant for us to think in any way we have a corner on intelligence. More and more people are beginning to recognize that ALL life has consciousness, and as folks determined to bring stability and vibrant health to ourselves and our families and our planet, I believe it is imperative that we pay attention with our hearts and minds what it is we are actually doing-
It's a well-known fact that plants respond to love. Everything responds to love. How could it not? At its core, that's what life is all about. There's no rocket science to it. Native Americans and indigenous tribes from the world over recognize this as truth. What I feel we need to be doing on whatever scale we're working with is to get off our high horses and begin to see all life forms as being equal. We are all here, and it is a level playing field. All life has a right to exist, and we have a responsibility to accept that and work WITH the life force and not against it the way all the agri-business multinationals would like us to-
If we are serious about wanting to find balance with nature, we have no choice but to accept its (her!) role in creation. We need to take the idea of 'companion plants' one quantum leap forward and allow life to create WITH us. From those doing research in this field, Nature wants nothing more than to create, and is more than happy to have us co-create with her. Have you ever seen the house plants of someone who talks lovingly to them? Have you ever seen such abundance? Have you ever felt such a deep sense of being in the presence of something really sacred? Love is what helps bring forth that quality. That quality is what we are needing to foster, and the time to do it is now...
I suppose someone out there wants to bash me for saying this, but someday perhaps you'll realize that you are lashing out at yourself. Armed with fear we are destined to a dark and gloomy future. Armed with love for this magical wondrous world we are all part of will only serve to pull us collectively out of the nose dive we seem to be in. Thank you MaryJane for all you do to help bring balance to a troubled world. Now let us take it one step further, and treat this beautiful world the way we wish to be treated. In the greater reality, that is precisely what we are doing.
Believing it makes it true-
Right off the top of my head some good (and fascinating!) sources of info to support this stuff comes from the folks and intelligences at Findhorn in Scotland. And a good book on the impact our thoughts have on things is a book titled 'The Hidden Messages in Water' by Masaru Emoto. There's tons of great info coming about that will help us all to recognize just how powerful our minds are. When it comes to working with the intelligence of nature, most of us are still sleeping. The balance we are seeking is elusive under such conditions, but the good news is the alarm clock has sounded and is waking some of us up...
Please don't interpret any of this as my being 'holier than thou'. We might have gotten here on different ships, but we're all in the same boat now...I only want for us to collectively build a world that on some level we all dream of. And I believe we can do it!
Maybe we can open a thread/discussion where we share our stories that affirm all this-
Peace be within you and around you, always-
VTMark

Plant seeds of love; harvest bushels of joy...

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  12:40:39 PM  Show Profile
Very well said, Mark. AMEN!!!!! I'm doing my small part, and I believe those that participate here are on the path too. You'll find many references to this philosophy in alot of the posting that is done here. Please take some time to read through some various topics and I think you'll find that you'll be adding your comments in the affirmative too! Glad you joined us! We always welcome farmboys, too!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  12:53:07 PM  Show Profile
VT Mark,
"The hidden messages in water" is a tremendous work. I was introduced to this book about a year or so ago and then also another book along the same line by the same people. Can't remember the title just now but it also goes further into the way water talks to and teaches us if we learn what to look for.
I do not think any of us in this chat room need a lecture on the affect we have in our every day lives upon this great planet. I believe if you read through everything on this site you will find that many of us are doing everything we can in our own little corner of the earth to correct the damage being done globally.
The Iriquios people have a saying
"What the one cannot achieve alone, the many together can accomplish."
If you want another good lesson on earth history and how it has affected a people read
"The Walking People" by Paula Underwood.
It is about another tribe of people who survived the last great cataclysmic earth change and how they survived and moved on.
I think you could say that the alarm clock has sounded and we have heard it. We are each doing all in our power to change the world, including talking to our plant and animal life and listening to it as well.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Mark. YOu make a good point. If only more educated men and women felt this way. We got close once in the 70's, and federal legislation even got on board a little with air quality and water quality, but it is slipping away from us now. Too many do not even understand how the environment works, let alone how to preserve it. And truly loving something is the only way to have the ambition to save it.

Keep posting!

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

free bird
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laura
Victoria Texas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  3:38:44 PM  Show Profile
I agree with everything here--I don't know how it works but Nature is always working through all its cycles to restore harmony and balance. Examples are everywhere, e.g. look at how a closed terrarium makes its own oxygen. Like I mentioned on a previous post, I sometimes as a human being feel spread too thin (I'm "only human") and on most days I only work couple or so hours in my garden, but I am refreshed by how well the plants and animals seem to manage things by themselves while I'm gone. I have come to really admire chickens for example. All I had to do was give them a start with shelter and food and love, and then they set everything up all by themselves the way they want it--their pecking order, their roosting and laying routines, and everything else, regardless of me.

Did you all see the recent new PBS documentary on Koko the gorilla? She (and I think several other gorillas in the compound) communicates with humans through sophisticated sign language.

This kind of reminds me of many of the concepts contained in the ancient Chinese philosophical text "Tao te Ching" (the Way of Life). It's says the Nature knows "the Way", and "the Way" is mysterious to humans, but those who harmonize their lives with "the Way" can live benefit greatly from it. The Tao te Ching is a guide to working with "the Way".

Also, the "I Ching" is based on the the same concepts of the elements of Nature. I bought the book "The Complete Idiot's Guide to the I Ching" (good title because I can't claim to understand all of it yet). I read in it that the Nature-based I Ching hexagrams actually form a binary code just like the one modern science now uses!

I love my chickens
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic nature intelligences... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page