Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Annika's Chicken-Eggplant Parmesan for two
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Annika's Chicken-Eggplant Parmesan for two Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  4:39:01 PM  Show Profile
I think I've posted this one before, but I'm posting it again, because I'm cookin' it right now! And it smells good!!!

Annika's Chicken-Eggplant Parmesan for two

1 good sized egg plant
2 large chicken breasts, diced
1 onion diced
1 large garlic crushed
Butter enough to saute with
A generous hand full of sliced mushrooms
1/2 a sweet pepper, diced
I can of diced Italian style tomatoes
1/8cup olive oil
Seasoning to taste
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Place chicken breasts, diced onion, and garlic in a skillet with enough butter to saute in. Saute on medium heat until tender.
Meanwhile wash and dry the eggplant , slice in half length wise, scoop out the eggplant meat and dice into small bits . Place the diced eggplant in large bowl, dice the pepper and add to eggplant filling. Add the can of tomatoes , the mushrooms and the olive oil and stir and let set until the chicken is done. Season to your taste (I use thyme and basil, fresh black pepper and coarse salt, a dash of balsamic vinegar and sometimes lemon peel). Mix together the eggplant filling and the sauteed chicken and onion mixture with 2/3 of the cheese. Preheat oven to 350. Fill eggplant shells with the mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.

Enjoy!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Annika's Chicken-Eggplant Parmesan for two Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page