njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  3:50:25 PM  Show Profile
I wear shoes in our house. My parents usually want everyone to remove their shoes (she doesn't want to keep on mopping the floor...I won't blame her. She is 70 almost). But when I go to my parents alone I usually have the shoe on and my mom wouldn't mind. Some of my relatives & friends ask me to remove our shoes and it is fine. Sometimes they offer slippers and some doesn't. It doesn't bother me.

blog: http://nj-nyc-3inna.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  10:25:57 AM  Show Profile
this is such a touchy subject or should i say footsie..LOL

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  1:22:50 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Madelena

You walk across parking lots and step in ?? well...birds doo; vehicles leak grease,oil and antifreeze; the grassy areas you cross may have fertilizer and pesticide residue; cats and dogs do doo; small critters pass away and decompose - ooo; bugs go squish;

Shoes are riddled with germs and stuff that you don't want tracked into your homes.. where the babies crawl, the kids sit on the rugs -- touch the rugs -- put fingers on their face -- ooo, again. I think that's 'nuff pictorials.

So please don't feel bad if your friends don't understand, after all, you're just looking out for their health as well as your families {Not to mention that you will have a lot less dirt and grime to clean up all the time !! -BIG PERK! } AND I love the idea of hand knitted or crocheted slipper/booties for guests. Washable and reusable. Cool !

Have a GREAT DAY ...
Madelena

I was going to say something like this, but will just say...what she said!I have chickens, am always in their pen walking on their poop, in my garden in the dirt and the rabbits' poop, in the garage making soap and oils get all over....I could go on.
People know to take off their shoes at my house or they ask. I had an open house/craft fair at my home yesterday with 2 other women and had a lot of people moving through the kitchen, living room and bathroom. I had a welcome sign at the door and a request to come in and leave their shoes in the entry way. I had a chair available. Everyone, even the elder ladies, took off their shoes except for a diva who claimed she couldn't take off her boots because it was too hard for her. Poor baby. I would have been fine if the elders kept their shoes on, but they had them off before I could tell them to just come on in!

----------------------------------------------------------

Cedar Mountain Herb School and Botanicals
www.cedarmountainherbs.com
Become a fan! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Mountain-Herb-School/199194060117277

Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  1:26:48 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Wildcrafter

[quote]Originally posted by Madelena

You walk across parking lots and step in ?? well...birds doo; vehicles leak grease,oil and antifreeze; the grassy areas you cross may have fertilizer and pesticide residue; cats and dogs do doo; small critters pass away and decompose - ooo; bugs go squish;

Shoes are riddled with germs and stuff that you don't want tracked into your homes.. where the babies crawl, the kids sit on the rugs -- touch the rugs -- put fingers on their face -- ooo, again. I think that's 'nuff pictorials.

So please don't feel bad if your friends don't understand, after all, you're just looking out for their health as well as your families {Not to mention that you will have a lot less dirt and grime to clean up all the time !! -BIG PERK! } AND I love the idea of hand knitted or crocheted slipper/booties for guests. Washable and reusable. Cool !

I was going to say something like this, but will just say...what she said!I have chickens, am always in their pen walking on their poop, in my garden in the dirt and the rabbits' poop, in the garage making soap and oils get all over....I could go on.
People know to take off their shoes at my house or they ask. I had an open house/craft fair at my home yesterday with 2 other women and had a lot of people moving through the kitchen, living room and bathroom. I had a welcome sign at the door and a request to come in and leave their shoes in the entry way. I had a chair available. Everyone, even the elder ladies, took off their shoes except for a diva who claimed she couldn't take off her boots because it was too hard for her (no, she didn't have any disabilities) and she didn't want to break up her outfit. Poor baby. It was all women having a good time, eating good food, visiting and checking out our wares. It wasn't a fashion show. I would have been fine if the elders kept their shoes on, but they had them off before I could tell them to just come on in!

Become a fan! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Mountain-Herb-School/199194060117277

Edited by - Wildcrafter on Nov 07 2011 1:27:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  1:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Just a thought... I have to wear shoes in the house. I have special orthotics that help me walk... if someone like this needs shoes to be able to walk better because of a medical issue, I would hope the person requesting no shoes in their house would understand.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775
http://honeybrookefarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  3:17:05 PM  Show Profile
I hope you all don't think I'm some kind of an uncaring snob. Trust me, I'm not that way at all. I would never "demand" anything...my request to my friend wasn't said in a harsh way and that is the reason I was so surprised by her original reaction. We are all different with differing opinions on all aspects of life and our houses. I choose not to wear shoes but I'm never going to deny access to my home if my visitor doesn't see my way. Shoes or not...friends are the greatest gift and blessing I could ever have, shoes on or off.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  3:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Nancy, I think she over-reacted! I'd never act that way if asked. I think she was out of line in her reaction really. I just know that I would be in quite a predicament if I had to take mine off - Actually, I love going barefoot. It's really kind of sad!

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  5:27:30 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lilwing

Just a thought... I have to wear shoes in the house. I have special orthotics that help me walk... if someone like this needs shoes to be able to walk better because of a medical issue, I would hope the person requesting no shoes in their house would understand.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

Absolutely!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic wearing shoes in the house Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page