Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank You to all of you Next Topic  

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  04:57:32 AM  Show Profile
I just wanted to take a quick minute to thank all you farmgirls for just being you. I have been going through a stange part of my life. We have been looking at properties and not being able to aquire any of them for one reason or another and I have been down in the dumps about that. I have also been working alot more than I would like at my job and that is always hard. Anyway, life seems a little 'stinky" right now and you gals have been making it bearable. I can't wait to get on at night and see what everybody is doing. Babies being born, people sending each other good wishes and prayers, household tips, I could go on forever. I learn things about myself and am reminded to be greatful for what I have. It's also nice to know I am not the only one feeling this way. I can't thank you enough for just being there, you all keep me going.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
(need to get off now or I will be late for work)
Kelly

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  05:16:21 AM  Show Profile
good morning kelly ... life has it's valleys and mountain peaks gurlfren .. just remember that "the sun will shine tomorrow" .. and "this too shall pass". Life makes us stronger by our adversities .. looking back over our lives, we find that sometimes our lowest times in life .. taught us the most life lessons. I know it is 'tough' when going through it .. but oh my .. the view we have of life when we get through it!

We're with you kiddo .. hang in and share your sad times with us when you feel like it .. and we'll lift you up! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  06:15:56 AM  Show Profile
Kelly..you are so sweet! I agree with Frannie..just hang in there. Time goes by fast and things get better...we all have to go through the stinky times..It is so much easier with friends though, right?? I am glad you are here!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  06:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Kelly,
I am so glad you were able to gain joy from this site!! I am thinking good thoughts for you and I hope and pray things will turn out better soon!! In the mean time, if you ever need to talk more feel free to e-mail me or start a chat!
Hugz Always!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  06:48:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kelly,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings; you remind us why we are here, and that we are here for each other.
Farmgirls are strong, and for whatever reason, your piece of land is just not ready for you yet. We went through similar searching for over two years before finding just the right farm for us, and we are so glad we didn't get locked into one of the earlier properties we liked. This one just wasn't ready for us early on, but now it is ours! We can't believe it worked out - more land, nicer land, and the right style (ranch) house to boot (we were going to build, now we just have to update and add one small extension).

So, as Frannie says, Hang in there!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  07:32:17 AM  Show Profile
Aren't the Farmgirls awesome? So glad you're here Kelly! "This, too, shall pass..." is a great mantra. Hang in there!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  07:40:47 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, I've been here sporadically the last few months (with moving, no electricity, etc) so I don't know you well, but please know I'll be praying for you.

Now as for what you said about the FarmGirls -- I couldn't agree more. I tear up everytime I think about how wonderful they've been to me as I've gone through all the junk with my former job, living in a camper, etc. These ladies are fanastic -- there's just no other way to put it.

Hang in there and know that many of us are pulling for you!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  07:59:02 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, we're glad you're here!! You will get through this rough spot and we'll be here to help you!! You share your feelings anytime and we will lift you up!

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  4:18:34 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, I couldn't agree more... that this is a very good place to learn, to receive comfort, and to feel connected about things we care about. I'll pray for the perfect place to come into your life, where you'll know you're meant to be. In the meantime, the trials serve their purpose, even if we don't enjoy or want them! Hang in there!
Hugs,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  4:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there with the land search - believe me, I thought I just couldn't look at one more property! But I did and it was the perfect one for us!!!!

My Homesteading Journal
http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal
http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  8:26:33 PM  Show Profile
You guys are absolutly the best!! I knew you would all have the perfect thing to say. Just knowing you're here makes me feel better. Reading these tonight has brought tears of greatfulness to my eyes. I'm am so lucky to have you all!!!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  12:28:56 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, thats what were here for. Sometimes we get busy & were not on for days (like me)job changes, summer stuff etc. but its nice to catch up. You will find the right place at just the right time. I'm STILL looking! Try to relax & enjoy the ride although it is easier said then done.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  9:55:28 PM  Show Profile
Awwww Kelly! Ain't you a sweetie!? And don't ya just love it here?
Everyone has those stinky times...we will just hafta keep holdin' each other up. I think you've come to the right place!
Blessings Hun,
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  11:46:21 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, your never alone here! Glad to have you join us, it's like a second home to me, a daily fix! Stay strong, everything happens in it's own time. One thought, are you committed to living in N.J.? I say this, cuz I know how high taxes are there and alot harder back east to buy a place, you might want to look outward to another state still close by? Good luck and keep posting!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank You to all of you Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page