Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  5:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Well it finally happened. I was fired friday. They asked me to volunter a few weeks ago to leave because I had been out to much because of my back. I told them no...So friday they thought up a good lie and let me go...I am fine with this because GOD has a plan for me and I will just let this door close and the one HE will open for me,open. I just dont want them to fight unemployeement. It is needed. I have enough food and things for the house...So we will be fine for a while. And there are things I can do. We will just see what GOD has planned for me.

Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  5:21:25 PM  Show Profile
Deborah,
I am sorry to hear that you were let go. On the other hand- with the positive outlook that you have I am sure that you will find a way to make it work until something BETTER comes along. Sending prayers your way...
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  5:28:41 PM  Show Profile
Well that was a heck of a way to start a holiday weekend! But it sounds like you have a great attitude. And doors will open where you least expect them. I think you are entitled to unemployment even if you're fired....just has a longer waiting period. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers. Glad you came to the forum.....your sisters will lift you up! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  6:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Well, what a bummer. But sounds like you have a great attitude about it. And there is always a better place for you if you trust the one who cares the most. And it sounds like you do. Sending hugs your way.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  6:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Deborah . . . I will be praying!
The Lord always knows what He is doing! And He knows your need!
Just praying for Him to strengthen, encourage, direct and give you peace.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  7:37:15 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful attitude. I'm sure you will find great happiness and opportunities since you are so open to accepting them. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  7:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Deborah, bless your heart. But oh my, knowing what you know, you will be just fine!!! :-) God does have a plan and sometimes He pries our fingers off of something to send us to something better. I am sure that He is smiling right now at your faith!!! Keep us up on your journey.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  8:05:49 PM  Show Profile
they should not be able to get away with this though. I would see a lawyer!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  07:19:06 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, Thank you so much for your thoughts and especially your prayers. This forum is always a place for me to vent or spill my feelings sad or happy. Since I have given it up to GOD I feel so much better and I have only thought about it when my students have either texted me or have emailed me on Facebook. They are really mad...I am only wishing to get unemployment and I will be fine Beverley the people that have falsley accused me will surley be punished in due time. I am not a vengeful person. I only wish to be able to pay my bills and have good health for me and my family. I will keep everyone informed about what happens.
Thank you again Ladies...
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

JessieLovesToCraft
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Jessie
Loxahatchee FL
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  11:28:20 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, I am so sorry that this has happened! Hang in there and I am sure that God has better things in store for you and will look out for you and your family in the mean time. I too hope they do not fight unemployment and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there <3

Farmgirl Sister #3404
Jessie

A wise girl knows her limits, but a real girl realizes she doesn't have any!
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  12:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Wishing you something better than what you had! These things always happen for a reason and with your positive attitude you will find that to be true.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  04:18:06 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, I am SO sorry this happened to you. I've been there. I have to believe that everything happens for a reason.
Connie

http://www.naturemaiden.com/- Soap & Candle
http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/ My Blog
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/farmgirl-crafting-group/ - A group for all farmgirls wanting to share their craft.

Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  4:30:38 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies I recieved a seperation notice and my license in the mail today. And on the seperation letter it said they would not fight unemployement. That makes me happy....Now if I hear from the Tech College I interviewed with it would be the best the in the world...So we will see what God is going to do.
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  08:28:09 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, so glad to hear that you'll get your unemployment and you're already looking for better employment. I'll be praying you get the job your meant to have. Your attitude is fantastic by the way.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  08:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Prayers for you Deborah that everything works out for you....God has a bigger plan, glad you see it that way too...good luck.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  09:24:09 AM  Show Profile
Deborah,

First, what a great attitude you have, will you share some of that with me? I don't feel they deserve to have someone like you! So, you are right, follow God's plan. Keeping you in my prayers. Keep us posted on how things go.

Lori
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  11:50:52 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry that youhad folks in your world who where hatefull and mean but their life will get what the create. As for you keep the spirits up and knowing that God will provide you with exactly what you need when you need it is what we all must focus on. I feel the world is really testing us and those who keep calm, stay focused and know that they never walk alone will be just fine. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  12:30:14 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, Again you all have proven why so many women here and we all support eachother. We need to keep our heads up and look to the future. GOD has his hands on all of us and all we have to do is make sure we keep our hearts focused to HIM and we will always get what we need...
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  3:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Well I havent heard from the school I interviewed with but I will call again on Monday. I recieved a letter telling me how much I will recieve for unemployment and we get it for 20 weeks. Still wanting the job though. I have also been asked to work as a nail tech at a local salon. Just keeping everyone updated. I am doing some deep cleaning which my house was really needing.
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  04:21:33 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, I hope that this event gives you the time you need to heal!! Maybe God's telling you to take a break and let your injury heal! :) Know that those that lied will pay. Even though we get forgiveness at the cross, we still have to pay the consequences of our sins. Just make sure they're not defaming you, because that can really hurt a teacher's record! My mom was defamed by a principal and it hurt her record badly. I wish you all the best!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  07:26:06 AM  Show Profile
Megan, Thank you for your sweet words. I know God has his reasons for everything. And for the slander I am sure they know me by now that I do not take kindly to anyone dragging my name through the mud. BTW my son-in-law is from Winchester KY it is beautiful up there..And I am sorry that your Mother had to indure such a hurtful thing in her life.
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6633 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6633 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  05:38:16 AM  Show Profile
Deborah- Sometimes I think we can end in jobs that are not really suited for us and are in fact rather toxic environments. Although it is humiliating to be fired, just think of it as they did you a big favor! Make my day sort of attitude! Who wants to work in this snakepit anyway!! Like Disney's Breyer Rabbit said (with a big wink) "Please, oh Please don't throw me in that brairpatch"!!!! LOL As an Occupational Health nurse for several years, I worked with a lot of employees who both were injured on the job or had previous back conditions that resulted in missed work. Unfortunately, employers don't always have good modified duty or accommodations for employees or flat out just don't want to work with someone. In those situations, you just can't win and even if you are a good worker, they only see the number of missed work days. So, things get biased and employers have the right to terminate employment at any time in most states. I have a suggestion that might prove helpful to you. If you will contact your local unemployment office and speak with someone who works with unemployed, they can help you explore some jobs that might be better for your back or help retrain you with skills to work in a different type of job that will work with a back condition. They often have federal dollars to pay to retrain you as well. It is possible that your back condition may not change so what is needed is a way to work with your back and still be employable. There are possibilities for you so investigate what is out there in your area and retool for the future.
Good Luck!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  3:57:42 PM  Show Profile
I don't doubt that they aren't fighting unemployment. They're getting off easy. Based on what you've told us, I'd say they fired you in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. You could spend the rest of your life in hearings or move on. It's probably better to move on but still, it makes me mad how employers toy with people's lives.
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  5:09:10 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, Mara...you both have good points but I have made a decision that GOD will take care of the ones that have done me wrong in HIS time. And I am going to go in the direction HE is leading me. I am no longer upset or mad. I have made peace with those people. Not in person or on the phone but in my heart. My husband is still upset about it because of the way they did it. And another instructor that worked with me they did her the same way. She didnt do anything to deserve being fired either. But she says she is happier and has less stress and she doesnt have to look at the people that at 2 faced everyday. I thank all of you ladies that have given such heart felt comments and prayers..I will let everyone know what happens with things.
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  07:35:23 AM  Show Profile
Well I have to tell you ladies I am SOOOOO excited!!!! I got my unemployment!!! YEPPIE!!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic well it happened Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page