walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  6:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Well, the camera didn't get him. Such a saga!!! I swear. Nothing has happened thus far this week though. I hope thats a good sign.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  07:26:49 AM  Show Profile
I'd keep the camera rolling, write down everything, and keep the gun loaded. I'd go out during the day and target practice. Be prepared. And- I'd call the Sheriff every day until something is done.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  08:31:28 AM  Show Profile
I keep checking this post to see if there are any updates...and I get worried if I DON'T see something. What a crazy and ridiculous thing you're dealing with. My husband (a cop) didn't understand why the guy can't just be taken for trespassing if he's been on your property (especially if he's walking past your gate)...but different states have different rules. I'm thinking of you, Megan. This really sucks!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  2:48:59 PM  Show Profile
Megan - this is a terrible and terrifying situation! I'm glad you are keeping yourself armed because this guy sounds dangerous and crazy. I agree with everyone else that you should call 911 and the sheriff (and whoever else you can find) every time this guy does something (or you suspect he's done something). That way, if you have to defend yourself, you will have a record of his actions. Be careful! I'll be praying for you and your family!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  1:43:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, I guess because he's not caught ON OUR PROPERTY they can't take him. That's why we put the cameras up-to get EVIDENCE that he's destroying our stuff, or trespassing. The neighbors down the road have roped their property off, too, so I think maybe this guys family has gotten the point-I haven't seen this guy in awhile. So, let's hope he's been taken to a facility that can handle his mental issues!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  6:52:41 PM  Show Profile
OMGoodness Megan!! I just found this and I am praying that things have been resolved! I am hoping that the cameras have caought something as well. Please take care of yourself and let us know how things are going.

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

gracylfreebush
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Gracy
Alvin TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  7:00:03 PM  Show Profile
I don't know about KY but in Texas you have to post your no trespassing signs so that you are covered all the way around your property. If they can't see a sign where they came in at you can't arrest them for trespassing. But if they get in the house in Texas you can shoot them. So knowing your local laws is important. Check how far apart you can space your signs or you may not be able to get them for trespassing.

Thoughts are things choose the good ones.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Trespassers Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page