beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  12:17:56 PM  Show Profile
I received my package today from Rachael - a jar of MO local honey; home grown herbs, a kit to make a wooden covered wagon, note cards - information about the state - thank you Rachael!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Island Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marcie
Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  3:59:43 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Ginny! I feel like it's Christmas! You out did yourself on my package of goodies. I LOVE everything you sent. I can't wait to try the Lobster Eggs....(OK farm girls.....it's only chocolate covered cranberries), the mustard, jam, wild blueberry juice and the maple syrup. I could DRINK maple syrup! The post cards of your area were fun to look at and my DH can't wait to read the magazine and the newspapers you sent from your town. Wish I had thought to send you one from my town too. That was a great idea. Thank you again for all my treasures! Wish I knew how to put a picture of my goodies for all to see.

Take care.....Marcie

http://www.flip-flopsandsandals.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  7:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, sry I havent been on here to tell you. I did get your package. Thank you!! I love getting things from Long Island, NY. I love honey so I can't wait to try it. My mother in law tried to steal the wine. I also love the notecards, magnet and tidbits. I've almost got everything I want to send. I need to get one more thing. Oh, I also love my seascape that you made me. The kids thought that was cool!! Thank you!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

www.youravon.com/rodonnacarson
Go to Top of Page

LinB52
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Lin
Tecumseh MI
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  04:57:19 AM  Show Profile
Mandy aka mywunderfullife from Wyoming... I received your package yesterday....what a wonderful package...thanks so much... I'm enjoying your wonderful chokecherry jelly on toast this morning...I thought that would be better than cracking open the bottle wine this early...lol...Love the official License to hunt Jackalope....the lotion was great...actually better than what i make...the book on Wyoming has so much info...good reading...postcards and area maps...I didn't even think to send items like that...duh...I have the picture of framed Jackalope sitting on my computer desk....shirt and charm...everything was great...thanks again...Love it all...this was a fun swap

God Bless the USA!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  06:27:55 AM  Show Profile
I got my package from kkprice yesterday! Full with some beautiful cards, chocolate, a necklace and recipes!
Thank you so much!!

Farmgirl Sister #2974
~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  08:44:07 AM  Show Profile
To LinB52~~~~ I got my package yesterday!! And this morning I finally got to sit down and open it (long crazy day yesterday, so sad having to look at it in the car and not getting to open it)! It was like Christmas!!!

Here is what I recieved: A Michigan hat (I love hats since I live in windy WY), BBQ and regular chips, two yummy smelling candles (I truly would like to eat them, they smell so good!), a bag of wonderful homemade lotions, chapsticks, creams etc, homecanned dill pckles, maple syrup, hot pepper jelly, sweet pickles, pickled green tomatoes (wow, you were so busy!!), hot fudge sauce, honey, ginger soda, "red pop", chocolate bars, pizza seasonings, cherry concentrate (can't WAIT to try this!!), 3 hot wheels cars (my two year old was thrilled with these!)!!! Can you believe it??? Lin actually had so much stuff, I got TWO boxes in the mail.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much for everything! It was so much fun to look at this morning after dealing with sick kids for the last few days!!

I am glad you enjoyed the jelly, it's our favorite. I had fun finding stuff to put in there. And now I can think of alot of other things that I could/should have included. I was a little nervous including the wine, but it amazes me that in our short, cold growing season here, that someone can grow enough grapes to make wine!! Plus the label was fun, and had our state "logo" on it.

Such a fun swap and Thank you again Lin!!

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  6:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Marcie - I'm glad it made it to you and you like it all. I finally have the time to put the picture up of all the goodies you sent me and I am still thrilled with it all! And those buns better like Texas shaped cookies! BTW, I love the story of the King Ranch and I just ordered fresh, organic, cornmeal for corn bread!

Here's what I got from Marcie in Texas!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  08:28:03 AM  Show Profile
Your welcome RoDonna!
I'm glad you like everything!
I can't wait to see what your putting together for me!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

debbydoo1966
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

debbie
nj
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  09:39:23 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to post that I received my package from Carole(foreverbooks) last week, right on time.
I'm enjoying my cup of coffee, reading all the great info she sent me.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  4:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Oh Diane, I just got your box and it is filled to the brim with Wisconsin goodies! First I read your hand-writtten description of your state, and then the WI facts...and then I began pulling out all the wonderful gifts in the box and I could nearly feel the chill of the football air and hear the cows mooing! The gifts perfectly fit your description of your state: cows, cheese, beer, sausage and football. Inside was a cute cow coffee cup that I will use to drink the University of Wisconsin red hot chocolate. There were also sausage sticks, dipping pretzels with beer pub mustard, a Cow Pie, maple syrup, A retro WI tea towel, and a book on Brewing Made Easy. Thank you so much for your fun, thoughtful gifts! I'll fix a tray of goodies for Football Sunday this weekend and think of you and give a nod to the Packers as we enjoy a taste of WI.

Warmly,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  5:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Pam,
I am glad you are enjoying your little bit O'Wisconsin! I wanted to send you some cheese but the post office said I would have to wait a couple more weeks or you would have cheese whiz!
I am really enjoying the goodies you sent me from AZ. I think our states are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. I am going to make some of that fry bread for breakfast this Sunday and drizzle some of that wonderful honey on it! I have your little rock with the bighorn sheep in my studio for inspiration.
Thank you again!
Diane

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  5:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Diane,

I am laughing about the cheese whiz statement....it's true! I've got the food items you sent in a bag marked "Save for Sunday Football! This so was such fun....Thanks!

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  07:17:38 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, I received your package on Saturday and spent the weekend reading all the goodies. Love the socks! Plan to pass the library information on to our local librarian. We have a very small library with an excellent Southwest collection. The county library system is great. Again, thanks!

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  1:40:26 PM  Show Profile
Hmm.. I'm wondering if you have put my package in the mail yet RoDonna?
I'm feeling a little left out...

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  4:13:42 PM  Show Profile
I haven't gotten a package yet, either...

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  4:59:28 PM  Show Profile
Nor have I. I'm hoping mine arrived safely! :)
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  7:35:14 PM  Show Profile
I spoke way too soon! I came home from class today to find my package from Staci in PA sitting by the door! :) It included goodies like pretzels, chips, some snack cakes, and of course a Hersheys bar! It also had a really neat vase made from a gourd! The coolest part is that the gourd is from Meadowbrooke Gourds which was founded by Staci's sister-in-law's brother. The business was featured on the show "Dirty Jobs." Very cool. Check them out at www.gourdshop.com. Lol! Sorry I sound like an ad, but with so many things made overseas I love seeing some good ol American made products....plus they have really cute stuff! :)Thank you, Staci! I enjoyed opening my box of goodies!
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  7:41:16 PM  Show Profile
I have not been able to open my box due to family illnesses around here, but did today and wow, it was awesome! Mine was from Luanne in Pennsylvania and not only did she print up almost a book's worth of information about PA, but also included a picture of her and her husband, which was so cool (it is great to know WHO sent it!)< and a bunch of stuff made in PA, like crayons, candy, chocolate, a slinky, and included postcards and a mug and a lot of other neat stuff. Thank you so much for the box! After a rough week it was awesome to open and had we known there was a giant chocolate bar we would have opened it way earlier!!!!! I love the star, the maple syrup, the Amish book, the events booklet, everything. It was all so great. THanks again.
rachael

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  04:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rachael -

I'm glad you enjoyed a bit of PA. Maybe you can visit us one of these days!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  06:17:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Luanne, My husband saw that box and that was the first thing he said! PA is definitely on the list.

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  07:30:36 AM  Show Profile
Well, Rachael - if you decide to visit PA, be sure to let me know. Maybe I could meet you in my part of the state and play "tour guide" for you!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  05:02:35 AM  Show Profile
Tansyshy and I have completed our swap. Wow! It's a long way from Texas to Alaska. this was fun.

http://myramblingcountryheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  12:57:59 PM  Show Profile
I finally got my stuff for my swap partner it will go in the mail monday.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  06:34:28 AM  Show Profile
Emily - I'm so sorry that I haven't been in touch.
Your package arrived last week and I felt so bad that I hadn't gotten yours out when I meant to, that I waited to open my box til I knew for sure that you got yours.
So I'm getting off here for a bit to check out the goodies you sent from Wisconsin. Thank you for bearing with me.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Oct 25 2011 06:34:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  06:53:47 AM  Show Profile
OH MY WORD!!
Emily - the box is incredible. I've enjoyed the outer wrapping since last week with the cute barn, cow, trees and milk bottle. Then I unwrapped it and found the inner wrapping, I (almost) hated to open it any further. I did take several pictures and will try to get them attached.
You did an incredible job. Then all the goodies inside. wow. You really went above and beyond. I did not know how many yummies were made in WI.
But I have to say - my favorite thing is the book you made. All the information, tidbits, facts and photos you included and the time you invested. It is very special - Thank you so much.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Oct 25 2011 06:55:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic State Pride Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page