Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 At a hospital, of all places
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic At a hospital, of all places Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  4:34:19 PM  Show Profile
I've been off work for two weeks trying to get this asthma under control. I go back to work today, and some kid (well, he's in college) who works in the kitchen was in the cafeteria grilling burgers and he forgot to turn the exhaust fan on. So the cafeteria got very smoky and it caused me to have an asthma attack. It bothered me the rest of the day. How do they expect me to work when things like that happen? I coughed a lot more than i wanted to, but who can blame me? I also found out that I have to work at a slower pace or I get too stressed and it makes things worse. I got through the day, but barely. I also had to stop taking one of the pills my dr. prescribed because it was causing auditory hallucinations. (yes, I checked the side effects and that's one of them). I do feel better but still far from what I'd like to feel. Maybe when it cools off I'll feel better. so please,, cool weather, hurry up!
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  08:06:49 AM  Show Profile
I am wondering why you cant get some oxygen from the doctor if you are having so much trouble?
I know how to beat allergies, but dont know much about ashtma...i would think you should get as much outside, fresh air as possible, maybe spend time in a forest every week? and eliminate all the allergens you can at home, like fabrics, powders, sprays, dusty materials, anything that can collect mold, dust, or pollen....
keep your environment surface free of all collectibles, and clean air filters, would help I would think....
and yes, stranger things do happen at hospitals, but thats a whole other story!
hope you feel better soon!!!!!!

Happiness IS being a MoM
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic At a hospital, of all places Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page