Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 what are your THREE favorite magazines?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic what are your THREE favorite magazines? Next Topic
Page: of 3

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  11:04:28 AM  Show Profile
KJD,

Thanks for the tip! I used to love Victoria magazine and was so disappointed when they stop publishing. Will check out Southern Lady.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  12:19:27 PM  Show Profile
Gosh--
I wish I would have seen this thread at the same time I posted in the "cleaning up" thread about too many magazines. I just took a LOAD of 1991-1997 Victoria Magazine to the nursing home. I've kept them for all those years, moved them from apartment to apartment to house, and there they sat in my closet forever....I just couldn't throw them out, but I also never had time to look over them again....

Sorry, girls.

My top three (today :)) are:

Country Home
Hobby Farms
Cottage Living...

I used to LOVE Country Living, but there are way too many advertisements now...

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

laluna
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

New York
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2006 :  2:10:47 PM  Show Profile
Just three? ;-)

Okay...I get Mother Eather News, Body&Soul, and yoga magazines (currently reading YogaLife, published by Rodale). Oh, and when I have time, Utne. Wait, one more! MacWorld - to help me with my fabulous new MacBook! :-)
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2006 :  2:37:48 PM  Show Profile
To subscribe to 'living the country life' all you have to do is get it online.
www.livingthecountrylife.com That's it.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

peapodjane
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

127 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  05:07:18 AM  Show Profile
I am a certified magazine nut! However, I have started to get control over them in terms of organization. So-o-o-o-o! Three?! I enjoy the magazines others have listed. I also am a great fan of "ReadyMade", "Art Doll Quarterly" and "Cloth,Paper,Scissors".
I do like "BUST", it has strong articles, I think Anastasia summed it up very well.
Oh, and then there are the beading magazines!!! I can't get started!
peapodjane

Edited by - peapodjane on Nov 25 2006 05:10:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  05:26:40 AM  Show Profile
I have to get my hands on Cloth, Paper, Scissors! Do you subscribe or where do you buy it?
Go to Top of Page

peapodjane
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

127 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  06:43:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi,
I buy Cloth,Paper,Scissors at a chain bookstore (Our little independent bookstores are dwindling in this country, that's for certain.)I should subscribe though because it would most likely be cheaper. Also, if you check out www.stampington.com site you will find so much wonderful information and "eye-candy". Enjoy, and good luck.
peapodjane
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  6:37:11 PM  Show Profile
There is a new magazine called HALLMARK out now too. It is very family friendly and relaxing. REMINISCE is another one that I love. It is all memories of earlier times, with each issue featuring another year from the past. No ads in that one either. They make COUNTRY WOMAN and FARM and RANCH as well, which are both great reads!

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Reading Room: Previous Topic what are your THREE favorite magazines? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page