Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Gifts received from secret sisters round #11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from secret sisters round #11 Next Topic
Page: of 5

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  08:30:28 AM  Show Profile
So sorry Terri. I believe that is why we have the opportunity to let the swap hostess know our likes and dislikes, etc. I hope this will not keep you from doing future Secret Sisters. I know when something happens it can leave a bad taste for anymore. I was wondering if maybe since she dropped out you could just send to her person she was sending too? Just a thought. Hope it can all be worked out. hugs.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  08:41:53 AM  Show Profile
Denise- what a great suggestion!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  09:16:53 AM  Show Profile
Girls I am sorry to tell you that after this round #11 of the secret sisters ends; I will not be holding signs for a round #12. As some of you may have noticed, there have been several problems with this round, I really thought this one would be better! I really have enjoyed doing the secret sisters for the past 3 years or so but with each round seems to be more and more problems!

This round especially I have had ladies drop out and I have had to refigure things out so everyone will still have a secret sister, People have also emailed me that they do not like what was sent to them and so on, I dont mid spending the time to do this but it has become so dishearting!

Perhaps, maybe after the Holidays I will have another sign up for another round, I am not sure!This round ends on Nov. 15, please continue to send things to your secret sister as you have been.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  09:32:56 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sue, I certainly understand and I think you are right a break is needed. It is always so busy over the holidays and a lot of us just do not have time to give 100% especially at the holidays.
This will give us all a little time to rethink things and whether or not we want to do another Secret Secret or any swap for that matter.
Thank you so much for all your hard work, I was fortunate to have you as a Secret Sister for one of the swaps and that is how I got to know you and we became such good friends. That is one of the reasons I love doing Secret Sister, I make new friends and new pen pals. So, thank you for everything you have been the greatest hostess.
Thank you to all my Secret Sisters all of you have been wonderful to share your life and time with me, I treasure each gift that I received and I have nothing but wonderful memories, and new friends.
Happy Holidays Farmgirl Sisters and Thank you.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  10:45:53 AM  Show Profile
I have a great secret sister and have had every round I have participated. Thank you, Sue for all you have done.Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Catherine L on Nov 02 2011 09:04:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  10:56:54 AM  Show Profile
my secret sister surprised me yesterday with a halloween themed envelope-ON halloween! will write more later- at work....
thanks so much!!!!

ok-so! absolutely darling cupcake shaped pot holders out of halloween fabric! i ahd never seen cupcake potholders!!!! and window clingy stuff-not sure what you call it - a gel..cool! and some scrapbook/journal things and apple cider spiced drink packets!!!!!
i guess i got lucky -it was raining where my ss lives and she felt like cheering up!!

i have been so blessed- i think i know who she is and i am anxious for reveal!no matter who she is she has been a wonderful friend and sister to me!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Edited by - Penny Wise on Nov 02 2011 11:31:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  6:08:04 PM  Show Profile
Sue, I certainly can understand it becoming disheartening when you have had so many difficulties come through to you with this. I think the RAOK list sort of went the same way. Maybe the expectations are more than should be. My SS's have been wonderful each time I have participated. I do understand about taking a break and the holidays are certainly a good time to do it. I really enjoy getting to know all my farmgirl friends and for me that is what this is all about. Getting to know one another a bit better. Hope everyone has fun finding out who their SS is. I know I am looking forward to it!
hugs!
Denise

farm girl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  6:48:00 PM  Show Profile
sue
you have done a wonderful job of hostessing
problems arise with every swap
but thank you .
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  3:21:46 PM  Show Profile
I want to join the next SS please, I love that you can continue to do it for longer than just the swap.

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  2:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Thank you to my secret Farmgirl sister for the lovely Halloween box. I had a "boo-tiful" time looking through the goodies...holiday socks, a scone mix, cookie cutter, candy, a scented candle, and a magazine. All so yummuy and thoughtful! Thank you!!!

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  3:18:57 PM  Show Profile
My secret farmgirl sister sent me a wonderful package! I will try to upload the photos tomorrow with more information. =0)

Farmgirl Sister #2619

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vmfein
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  03:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sister for the long letter you sent. I sure enjoy hearing from you, and can't wait until I find out who you are so we can continue writing. :) We're on try #4 for closing on a farm November 30th...I sure hope someday soon I can be writing you about moving and unpacking, the same as you!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  1:24:17 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Darlene for sending a swap angel package for the secret sister swap, it arrived today at my house. Have a great week and thank you again.

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  04:08:26 AM  Show Profile
Thank you secret sister for the lovely package! The gardening stuff makes me so hopeful for a better gardening season next year (!!!!) and I can't wait to put them to use. The to-do list I've already put to use! I will have the peach preserves on my toast this morning...and the magnetic poetry? It entertained the boys and I for a REALLY long time last night. Perfect fun for homeschoolers. Can you believe we've never had a set of those before? THANK YOU!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  05:18:32 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou secret sister~Trish for my package! I have never seen a doteedoll before! How cute! I had to look it up online to see what that meant and my, I can see myself getting into making these cute lil' dolls! Thanks also for the cute notecards...will be put to use for sure! I also have loved all your handmade things in previous packages. You are a real artist with paper! Thank you so much for being a wonderful Secret Sister Trish!

~April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  1:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Are we supposed to reveal ourselves already? I see some names popping up so I am just wondering.

farm girl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  2:12:47 PM  Show Profile
This round #11 of the secret sisters will on 08/15/11 and will run through 11/15/11.

I wanted to reveal myself in a card. I have bad timing, I only get to the post office on Fridays.

April,
I'm so happy you didn't think I was nuts to send you chicken broth.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  06:05:09 AM  Show Profile
You don't have bad timing...you're just really on top of things! :)

And no, you're not nuts sending chicken broth! I'd never seen it in that form before!

~April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  5:49:05 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Ladies, on or around 11/15/11 is the time to reveal yourself to your secret sisters! You can do it by gift, or note etc!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  5:20:58 PM  Show Profile
Um Whoops Beth's mail art was so fab, I thought it was my Secret Sister, sorry for any confusion.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  3:35:17 PM  Show Profile
Dear Amy, What a wonderful secret sister you have been! Each package has been a delight and you have made me some beautiful things and made me smile each time I got a package from you. Thank You for sharing your talents with me. Your reveal package is so perfect for the upcoming winter, breutiful soft yarn, fat quarters, chocolate, tea and a notepad to write to my farm girl sisters. I loved your notes in each package and look forward to keeping in touch. Thank You dear friend!

Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  08:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, You have been a most generous secret sister. Thank you so much for all of the lovely things you have sent. I love the red and white cups! They go great in my red and white kitchen. I will enjoy the coffee and teas in those cups and the towel will get plenty of use this year! I am waiting for a day to have a me day to try out all the toiletries. You have been so sweet in sending me all these wonderful packages. I did not have a clue who my SS was. You have wonderful knack for sending just the right things to have brighten my days!
Hugs!
Denise

farm girl sister#43

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2011 :  11:07:07 AM  Show Profile
denise you are more than welcome and so glad each packet was a delight
enjoy your holidays
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  5:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Debbie,

I just opened you reveal gifts and I am so touched. You are right...I don't get snow here and your snow themed gifts were absolutely delightful! I will enjoy the peppermint candies and snow man Christmas ornaments and Colorado goodies. I feel so pampered and I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thank you for being such a great swap partner!

Warmly,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  5:48:59 PM  Show Profile
Tracy, you have been such a wonderful secret sister. Thank you for the "snow" and the other stickers. The scarf is beautiful and it is my favorite color. I will wear it as soon as it cools off, which shouldn't be long. I enjoyed reading your letter and you sound as if you have the perfect farmgirl house. I will contact you by email, I would like to keep in touch. Thank you again, Cathy

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Gifts received from secret sisters round #11 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page