Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 kristi came for a farmgirl visit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic kristi came for a farmgirl visit Next Topic  

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  9:14:32 PM  Show Profile
well how fun it was. kristi came by to meet tatoo. she is such a sweet girl. we had a lot to talk about. thanks MJF for all these new friends. here she is a neighbor and we met here. she will help me learn about horses. i can help her with cows and milking. she came and watched us milk our jersey girls. it was very fun. thanks kristi. i look forward to many days of fun together ahead.now i will lean to care and ride a horse. happy days here sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2011 :  9:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! Thank YOU! I got to see so much today! I am so excited to get my milker up and running now. I am convinced it will give my elbow so much relief and maybe I can milk more does! I had such a lovely time. (kicking myself for forgetting those horseradish roots!)

Tattoo is beautiful. Of course I am not a vet, but he doesn't have the classic look of IR or Cushings to me. The bellyache bouts speak of possibly ulcers or sand colic. Both can be treated. The runny manure speaks more of sand. He is a grand old man. Very full of life and beautiful. I bet he was something to behold in his younger days.

You made me smile calling me a "girl". I am not yet 50, but I can sure see it from here! :-) (I am 46) Thank you!

I so enjoyed you, your cows, and your farm. Thank you very much for having me.

HearthCricket Farm. Where the door is always open, and the coffee is always on.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  06:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Sooo glad you both got to visit! Meeting farmgirls is always fun! Sherry, how are you doing? Hope things are going well for you!!!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  07:18:46 AM  Show Profile
we had so much fun. i love meeting new farmgirls. we are doing great here. the smoke from fires has mt throat raw. but the planes have slowed, so maybe the fires are in control now. the days have been way too hot. i think kristi should come back and do more milking. LOl well gotta go feed and milk. slept till 7 this morning. oh it felt good. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  09:06:04 AM  Show Profile
I slept in til 7 too. I was up til 2 canning peaches though, so I am still tired. I got home and started to scald the peaches to peel them and discovered I was nearly out of wide mouth lids. had plenty of narrow ones, but I hate packing peaches into narrow mouthed jars, so off to Walmart I went. I ended up getting a later start than I intended.

HearthCricket Farm. Where the door is always open, and the coffee is always on.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2011 :  06:47:50 AM  Show Profile
How cool to meet a close farmgirl. I bet you ladies had a blast. I was smiling all the while I read the post. Glad you all got to meet and visit.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic kristi came for a farmgirl visit Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page