Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2005 :  2:23:15 PM  Show Profile
I am so proud of how nice my daffodils look right now. I wish they would be so pretty for months..they are one of favorites. I planted them the first fall we lived here and they get better each year. I plan to add to the grouping this fall. I have tulips and iris that will be next. They were here when I moved in. I was noticing touches of green in my herb garden this morning too..hooray!! and my little clump of Johnny Jump ups are as pretty as can be..right out under my big front window.
Spring is nearly here!! I need to hold myself back to keep from planting things too soon!!!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2005 :  4:48:18 PM  Show Profile
I really enjoy my daffodils,too. So nice and sunny and they ahve such friendly little faces...

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2005 :  5:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Jenny I am envious! They are such a bright cheerful flower! Several rows of them are blooming in front of my church to greet people as they enter the front doors!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2005 :  11:48:22 AM  Show Profile
My narcissus are in full flower and boy do they smell wonderful!!! Ahhhhhhh! The daffodils are a little slower. I am planting peas today and getting some new raspberry plants in the ground. Got some done yesterday but have to move slowly with my new knee. Still love to be out doors!
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2005 :  9:17:50 PM  Show Profile
I love narcissus! I wonder if they would do well here in Utah? We used to pick bouquets of them for my mom when we were little and I didn't find out until much later that she was allergic! She would put them near an open window..I don't know how much that helped but she didn't want to dissapoint her kids. She loved how they looked though. We had moved into a house with lots of them in the flower beds all around the front of the house.
I am really thinking about planting berries this year too. Black berries are my favorite.

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Hey you gals,
I took some photos of our early spring beauty that I think you will all enjoy. The fragrance off of the wild umeboshi plum trees is over whelming.
We are looking at a serious drought this summer but while this wonderful spring lasts I am enjoying it to the fullest.I hope these pictures give you all some joy!
Eileen
You can view the album at:

You can view the album at:
http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=eileenspics&password=90365349

Edited by - Eileen on Mar 09 2005 09:33:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  10:09:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh Eileen! So beautiful! This is just what I needed. It's 14°, the wind is howling and a snow storm has just ended. Your pictures are a much needed breath of spring. Thanks!

Robin
Thyme For Ewe Farm
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  11:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Robin and I are sharing the dreadful weather here(Northeast) and we had 60mph wind gusts with snow drifting last night. It made me feel like I was out on the plains with Laura and Mary and that maybe I'd better tie a rope between the house and garage to return safely! Extreme is not the word... it was almost 70 on Monday and today it is 17 right now! We are chipping ice off of everything...
Eileen-- Thank you for showing us your beautiful Spring! Your pictures are always enjoyable. Is the butterfly a red admiral? We don't get them here but I always hope to see one passing by when we travel some. We planted a butterfly bush the first year we lived here and in August every migrating butterfly for miles must have found us, it was great to see so many. Nice to hear you're out puttering in the garden, your recovery must be going well! Be well and stay well!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  2:59:12 PM  Show Profile
As usual, terrific photos Eileen!! There is hope, spring is on the way.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  7:17:05 PM  Show Profile
beautiful photos Eileen....We don't have any blossoms on the trees yet at all I can hardly wait!

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  3:11:20 PM  Show Profile
Enjoyed the stroll in your springtime garden Eileen! Lovely!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2005 :  3:33:37 PM  Show Profile
I wish I could take a walk with all of you on this piece of earth! I am glad I can share it with you via pictures, but you are all missing the awesome fragrances! How to send that? Hmmm?
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  2:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Eileen, Aunt Jenny, Clare, Bramble, Meadowlark, Robin, and everyone, I too would love to take a walk with you and sit down and have tea outside on a lawn, and laugh and look at you all.

I bet you are all like a bunch of spring daffodils - lovely and able to come back year after year! :)

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  2:59:04 PM  Show Profile
JP
You are just tooo sweet! Meeting all of you in person would be like seeing long lost family.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  4:53:41 PM  Show Profile
a farm chick "hen party"..wouldn't that be fun???!

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  5:50:18 PM  Show Profile
In my minds eye I do see us all together tending our land, families and homes in sort of a synchronicity. We may not all reside in the same location on this planet but we all make similar choices about the way we live on it. It would be great fun to meet and "visit". I am so grateful to have found all of you, for though I do have some very dear and long time friends there are few who "get" what it is we chat about here!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  7:45:03 PM  Show Profile
We can wear our aprons and garden gloves, overalls or jeans, throw down our picnic blankets and have a grand potluck supper and do some serious farmchick bonding! Sounds like quite a party in the works!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2005 :  10:16:27 PM  Show Profile
I will bring the deviled eggs. I will be the one in overalls...heehee

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  03:54:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh! I'll bring a fresh salad with lettuces, spinach, tatsoi, my friend Lynne's cheese and fresh dressing.

Robin
Thyme For Ewe Farm
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  05:19:41 AM  Show Profile
Girls, my mouth is watering! Robin what is tatsoi? And the fresh dressing sounds yummy! Care to share the recipe?? Oh by the way I will bring my sweet barbequed meatballs and a bean salad!

Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  08:06:55 AM  Show Profile
Tatsoi is an asian green. You can pinch individual leaves and let the plant continue to grow or use the entire plant. I love it in salad and stir fry. We tried it for the first time last year. It was an instant hit at farmers market.

1/2 c Jellied cranberry sauce.
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbl Dijon mustard

Mixing in a blender is easier than shaking in a jar because of the cranberry sauce. This is very good!

Robin
Thyme For Ewe Farm
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  11:39:41 AM  Show Profile
Yum - that dressing is one I will try! Thank you for the recipe!

Deviled eggs are addicting to me; I just made a bunch two weeks ago for a cook-out party, and I ate too many myself!

Well, I will bring the chocolate layer cake with home-made chocolate frosting, and I will wear my garden jeans, work boots, and big blouse so the wind can blow through.

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  2:29:15 PM  Show Profile
Well now... I'm the dessert queen so I will bring strawberry shortcake
with real whipped cream, turtle brownies for our chocolate cravings and lemon tarts with candied violets or.... you see, I could go on and on...

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  3:19:25 PM  Show Profile
I think we are planning the menu for a Mj Farmgirl reunion!!! Deviled eggs are sooo addicting indeed. Jenny you better bring plenty! Thanks Robin for the dressing recipe! Looks delicious and easy to prepare! Jp and Bramble...My oh my oh my... I had better wear my extra roomy 'alls and track shoes to sprint to those desserts so I can get my fill! lol

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  7:15:42 PM  Show Profile
my hens are laying like crazy right now so I can bring lots..hee hee. My dad used to call deviled eggs "pills" because you could just pop them in your mouth like pills. He could eat more of them than anyone I have ever met.

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2005 :  8:05:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jenny, Remember that scene in "Cool Hand Luke" where Paul Newman eats all those hard boiled eggs? It reminded me of what you said about your Dad popping those deviled eggs like pills! LOL

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Garden Gate: Previous Topic enjoying my daffodils Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page