CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  8:23:36 PM  Show Profile
spend the day at home .. or hit the roads for adventure?

gosh .. that is a tough one ... cuz' there are days i prefer to be a homebody and there are days i love to wander .. but if i HAD to choose one or the other .. i think i would go for the 'adventure'. how about you?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  8:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
yep...that is another hard one! lol...hmmmm
Ok I have it, if I was with a girlfriend..I would hit the road for an adventure! If by myself, I would stay home and craft, read, surf the net, or cook!
Hugz!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  9:12:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh I love my home time. I could cook, garden, clean, read, knit and find all sorts of things to do all day long. And I do! But now that I'm home all day, every day with Baby, I also love a good adventure. Preferably with a babysitter for him! :)

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  9:14:02 PM  Show Profile
Easy for me, I am definitely a homebody. Having escaped the city for our country place six years ago, I have no longing whatsoever to return to the city. As a matter of fact, it is so peaceful and quiet here, I find the city a sensory overload.
I always have work to do, many projects on the go, and I love to learn anything new, so I can always keep myself occupied and content.
Di

http://www.daisyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  9:38:54 PM  Show Profile
HHMM...I guess for me it would be stay at home....But, I do love a good outing. But no shopping. Museum, Library, concert, hiking, visiting friend or family.
I don't know, I guess I am a 50-50....
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  9:41:52 PM  Show Profile
It would be home for sure. I have never been much of a traveler and my best days are always the days where I never leave my driveway.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  11:22:28 PM  Show Profile
My first choice would definitely be gone,gone ,gone exploring the world, I love other countries.
I think I was a gypsy or pirate in another life :)
But then I like to stay home other times and garden and sew,spin,bead. Not see anyone or answer the phone. it is a hard question but easy too
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  04:13:32 AM  Show Profile
For me, home is best, I've been a lot of places and comming home always makes me happy, never bored here, always lots to do, and people seem to come to me, so I don't have to go far. My big outings are the LOCAL stores and of course garage sales when I can go.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  04:40:44 AM  Show Profile
I too love my time at home, and it seems there is never enough of that to get caught up! Once in awhile, a little adventure is good for the soul, but there's no place like home!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  10:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
What I really want is to be a snowbird. Live in Texas from the last week in September to mid-May. Then fly north to Maine for the summer.

Actually I love to travel...at some point after we retire I want to visit more of my country. I'll have to do it without hubby as he hates museums. I on the other hand love historical museums....with a passion.

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2006 :  1:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
I'm with Buttercup on this one. I love to be at home. There are tons of stuff to do here. And even as a junior high and high school student I could never understand people who hated snow days because they had nothing to do. But with a friend it is so much fun to run the roads. Get lost, eat in strange and occassionally disreputable places. But mind you I'm not a big city person, most of my adventures have been on the back roads not on the super highways.

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  07:48:12 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to cheat and say I'd adventure from morning to mid-afternoon and then stay at home, but you said just one, soooooo . . .
since I'm living in a 17' camper, I'd go adventuring

When I was in my house, it would have been to stay home.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  12:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Stay home definately~! I dont mind travel..but it sure was nice to have a couple weeks vacation just to work around the house and yard~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  12:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Adventure for sure!

favorite adventure was back when my two oldest were 2 and 6 monthes. We packed our bags spurr of the moment and drove to Florida, staying in Orlando, Fort Lauderdale and then finally the Keys, where we ran out of money and had to sleep in our station wagon. I got my dad to wire me money and we headed home after about a 2 week trip. It was one of our most favorite trips! Ah the things we do when we are young.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  10:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Like everyone else, that's gonna depend on the day...I do love a quiet day at home doing things I love, but if you come up with a great road trip, I'm already in the car. I LOVE car trips! So much to see & do along the way. The interstate is boring...give me the scenic route!
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  06:41:46 AM  Show Profile
I love to be at home, doing the simple things that make this house run smoothly. (Most of the time!) But, get me behind the wheel of a car and something takes over and I am off to whereever it takes me. My mom, friend Cilla and sister Dayna are the adventure queens. "Road trip!" is our motto!! When Ainslie was younger, we would take Mother-Daughter trips together. We haven't done that in a few years. Hmmm, maybe that would be a nice way to end her senior year!! I'm getting out my maps!

Karin
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic would you rather ... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page