Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6611 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6611 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  4:50:37 PM  Show Profile
What are some name brands of denim overalls that fit Farmgirls with a pear shaped figure and long legs?? I recently got a magazine in the mail from The Duluthe Company but the price is $44.50 a pair. I can't wear something that fits a slim figure. Suggestions on what to buy and where to get it?

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  9:51:05 PM  Show Profile
I get all my overalls at Goodwill. I'm really rough on them so I hate to pay retail for them. I've found that different brands sizes are different. I have xsmall, small and medium in my closet right now and they all fit! I'm short so I can hem them if they are too long. I'd say just go and see what they have. Try them on and if you find some you like you can always go on line and get new ones if you don't like used. If you find some you like but they are to short you can always tuck the legs in your boots and no one will be the wiser! I do that when it is muddy anyway.
Let us know what you come up with!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  9:23:46 PM  Show Profile
I got my shorts overalls for a buck a piece at a thrift store but my new overalls are coming from ebay for 15.75 including shipping, that is cheap enough for even my DH to say OK to spending money

God bless,

Judy

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  4:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Connie,

Same here...I always have gotten my overalls at the Goodwill, or any thrift store that is near you. Just make sure you try them on. Even if they say that they are small, med, large, x-large...sometimes they might be either to small or to big.

Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  6:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I get mine from an online company called Sierra Trading post. I like Carharts and they have them cheap and then on top of that they then have them on sale.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s/overalls/

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 28 2011 6:42:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  9:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Gosh I haven't used Sierra Trading Post in forever. I need to go online and order their catalog again. Thanks for the reminder!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Womens Overall Jeans?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page