walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  1:12:06 PM  Show Profile
I've never had a problem getting insurance through my employers. It's always worked out fine. I've got minimal health problems-nothing major (migraines, ptgeryum, excema) anyway, my husband changed jobs recently and got us an individual plan-unless his work does a group plan, we have to pay 1,400 A MONTH JUST TO COVER ME!

So, please pray that the owner of the company he works at (One of his best friends) is okay with a group plan and that I can get health insurance. Otherwise I have no choice but to go through the state for it. Ugh.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

JessieLovesToCraft
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Jessie
Loxahatchee FL
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  7:26:52 PM  Show Profile
Good luck, I am praying for you! When will you know by?

Farmgirl Sister #3404
Jessie

A wise girl knows her limits, but a real girl realizes she doesn't have any!
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2011 :  7:40:27 PM  Show Profile
I hope that it all works out for you. One question though, is there a way for you to get it through your employer if you cannot thru your husbands work?

Farmgirl Sister #2619

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vmfein
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  10:21:29 AM  Show Profile
If it turns out you can't get insurance through your husbands employer I have heard recently that there are some "christian" organizations that offer health insurance for families. I can't think of the name but I think one of the companies we were told about had something to do with a shepherd. Not sure, wish I could remember but I have pregnancy brain right now! Praying for you!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  9:57:40 PM  Show Profile
The insurance/health care situation in this country is just insane. It really is. I am sorry you are in this position. I work for Home Depot, and I have to say that I never thought in this day and age I would find a company that insures it's PART time people, but they do. Since hubby is self employed, it is a REAL blessing.

HearthCricket Farm. Where the door is always open, and the coffee is always on.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  04:52:45 AM  Show Profile
Insane, Megan! I can't believe the health insurance situation. I'm hoping that things turn out for the best....1400 a month is way to much for anything! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  06:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to hear of your trouble, but I understand, my DH owns a small real estate business and we don't have ANY health insurance. We looked into getting it and it was going to be so much and they won't even insure my DH his his back was broken in 1985 and he was paralyzed for 5 months and told he would never walk again. So totally understand, good luck and will keep you in my prayers

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Health un-insurance! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page