Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 a little Libbie news DETAILS!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic a little Libbie news DETAILS!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

Garden_artist
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
182 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  09:07:30 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Libbie and family...new life is such a wonderful thing.

Thanks for the updates Aunt Jenny.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  09:11:08 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful news! Should we start a list of names for them to choose from?

My pick is Benjamin...don't know why, that just sprung to mind.

Congrats, Libbie and family!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  1:20:33 PM  Show Profile
I was just thinking Benjamin too!
I know Libbie was thinking Arthur, after her grand father who built the farm she lives on....
I am thinking he is maybe a Ben. Or maybe Sam, Samuel.
Ok, ladies, give us your votes.
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Libbie!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  7:53:44 PM  Show Profile
You know what..I think Benjamin is a name she was considering awhile back..that and Arthur..so we will see!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  8:32:13 PM  Show Profile
I like Benjamin too. Arthur Benjamin isn't bad, Benjamin Arthur either. Thanks Jenny for keep us up to speed. Can't wait to see pics!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  11:31:28 PM  Show Profile
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Reading all of this is making me choke up - I feel like you are all family to me. I am so excited to be home with the little one, and back on my swollen feet at last - I am so proud of this little guy for getting here - I feel like I was just the medium - he is an angel...auburn hair (and lots of it!), those dark blue baby eyes -- oh, just thinking about him makes me crazy.

Tomorrow morning I'll *finally* figure out how to post photos, now that I have "high speed internet" (YAY! I just installed it today), I think I'll be able to do it.

Again, you are all so very sweet - thank you. AND - I love the names!!! He is still the nameless wonder-boy, and now that I see it in print, I'm really liking Benjamin, too... Please, please, please - when I get that picture posted, tell me what names spring to your minds!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2006 :  11:44:14 PM  Show Profile
I like Benjamin Arthur. Can't wait to see the pictures. Glad everyone is doing great. Hugs to all of you!

Visit my blog at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  06:55:28 AM  Show Profile
Benjamin Arthur from Elsinore. How poetic! :) Glad to hear the little guy is doing well. And Libbie, those swollen feet will disappear now!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  07:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Oh my little man is named Benjamin Jude. He's a doll...its a great strong name. Beautiful meaning. I think it would be a wonderful choice! Happy to hear all is well! Mazel Tov!!!!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2006 :  08:25:28 AM  Show Profile
OOOOOO congratulations sweetpea!
Libbie,If it were me (mother who is blessed with 2 of the bestest boys this side of heaven and wishing I'd have had been blessed with a ton more children) for a second boy who ya know is always going to be looking to do everything his big bro is doing and imitating every thing he says and competing with the older bigger bro in years to come,(my 2nd son asked me when he was about 4 why I had his brother first) I'd pick a royal name...King Arthur! but then I'm The Art Ben fan club prez LOL
Is your grandfather's name Arthur? I am also a fan of linking our future to our past genes!
ever heard that Burt Bacharach tune the best that you can do?
::::::::::Arthur, he does as he pleases
All of his life his master's toys
And deep in his heart he's just
He's just a boy
Living his life one day at a time
He's showing himself a pretty good time
He's laughing about the way
They want him to be:::::::::

and I just knew my prayers would be answered when ya got to playing with your bed,the boy would come out to play!!!
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  4:11:47 PM  Show Profile
Libbie???
How are you today?
How is the babe?
Today must be the day your milk came in? OH, honey...that is always such a bad day for me...I cry off and on all day.
I am sure your hormones are ragging, you are over-tired, and your breasts feel like two red-hot cantaloupes!!! Let us help you if we can....jump on the forum and tell us all your woes.
I know how tough it is, I've been there.
Sending peaceful thoughts to you
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  5:57:38 PM  Show Profile
IF I were to have another baby boy,I would name him JACKSON, you can pick your own middle name, I'LL just pick the first.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  10:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
..I love Benjamin Arthur..but I am sure you will choose the perfect name for such a little angel who came to join us!!
as for sore boobies, remember cold cabbage leaves! They really help! Just keep a head in the fridge and peel and place over them!

Hope you are feeling well Libbie! rest when you can!!
Hugz!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  01:14:44 AM  Show Profile

Hi Libbie,
Congratulations on the birth of your little one!
I'm new to MaryJane's and I hope you don't think me too forward to be jumping in on this conversation - but who can resist talking about new babies!
I have a little Benjamin of my own (nearly two years old now)and he is the sweetest little boy. Lots of hugs and kisses and heaps of character (and energy!)
He was going to be called Laura Charlotte or Arthur William (my husband and I both have a grandfather called Arthur William). When he was born, we were holding him and neither of us called him Arthur. He didn't open his eyes until about half an hour after birth and when he did, he looked at us and we both said 'Benjamin'. It was as though he had spoken to us. And the name definitely suits him. So sometimes I think children are destined to choose their own name - I had a friend who didn't name her child for four weeks as that is how long it took.
But I think I will, for obvious reasons, have to join the Benjamin Arthur camp! And ditto to the cabbage leaves - the hospital where my babies were born had them in the fridge in the patients' kitchen.
All best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  04:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh Libbie, congrats, I'm so happy for you and your family, it's about time! LOL I can't wait to see pics and see what names come to mind. I wanted to name my last son Benjamin Franklin, since I'm related to the famous one, but he ended up a Tyler and it fits him! I love the new names out there like Landon, Carter and Paine. Get some rest and sending blessings your way! Hugs!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  10:35:16 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Libbie and little bundle of boy!! I'm sure you will decide on the perfect name~! Cant wait to see him!
Hugs to you both..
Jan
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2006 :  12:19:42 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Libbie!! Not sure how I missed this post before today. Hope you are all doing well and I wish you all the best!!!

Love and Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
http://LamargueriteFarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  1:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Libbie, Congratulations! I am just so happy for you!! Benjamin is darling and goes with your little William very well. Very good brother names. And there are really so many wonderful boy names out there right now. Hard to pick!

So much farmgirl love to you and you little ones. Snuggle him with hugs and kisses for us and take care!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  2:12:22 PM  Show Profile
Darling Libbie ~ I've been working so much I haven't had time to check in on you. Congratulations to your beautiful familiy! Can't wait to see little Benjamin Arthur William....Take care of yourself. Maybe Jenny, Kate, Sunshine and I will get to see you all soon. But not too soon.

Much love,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  8:12:36 PM  Show Profile
So, here are the photos (I hope!!!) I am so excited about this little one... *EDIT* - HOLY COW!!! THESE ARE HUGE!!! Let me see what I can do about this...

*EDIT* There -- I think that's better!

Again, thank you for all of your good thoughts, prayers and wishes....AND names! So far, Benjamin and Arthur are the frontrunners - I already have a middle name picked out, my maiden name, just like my older boy's - but this first name business is SO difficult - I want him to have a strong, solid name to carry him through life...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  8:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Libbie!!!!! So precious!!! Thank you so much for posting the pictures of him and your darling family!! Am thinking Arthur after seeing him...but honestly love both names!! Do let us know when you all decide!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  8:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
WOW my kids don't have that type of hair till after their first birthday. So cute!!!!!!

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  8:29:32 PM  Show Profile
When I went up to see Aunt Jenny a while ago, she gave me the CUTEST little baby quilt made from cowboy fabrics for the new babe - since I *finally* figured out how to post photos, here's a picture and a huge THANK YOU to Jenny!!! It's just darling!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  8:42:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the pictures Libbie. Now I can put a face to your posts! Hope you all are doing well, and your feeling good. Both your son's are handsome! I have two grown sons, my baby is actually 29years old. They always made a big deal about being handsome vs. cute etc. You are blessed. Enjoy the years with them, they get away oh so fast. I miss them even though we speak at least 2 or 3 times a week. It still amazes me how quickly they grow up!

Have a wonderful night!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic a little Libbie news DETAILS!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page