jeanb
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Jean
Tollhouse CA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  10:18:29 AM  Show Profile
Very neat ideas on getting rid of flies. Time to get ready for next season of insects we don't want.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  6:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Well, yesterday, I was talking to the goats while in the bathroom. I opened the screen so they could see me. A little later, I started noticing lots of flies. So I would kill them and a few minutes later another herd would come in. My daughter went to the bathroom and said the screen was up. And there were just thousands of flies all over the house by then. I mean literally thousands of them. Everywhere! We were swatting flies for hours. And still today, same thing. When we first got home, they just covered my car. And all over the windows and doors of the house too. I am going crazy here!! All day, swatting flies. I made a spray with water and citronell EO to spray around the doors so we could even go in and out. It's like the old Alfred Hitchcock movie The Birds, except it's The Flies! They are taking over. I think it's because it's been looking like rain all day and it's been muggy. For about a month now I haven't seen many flies. Now they are back and with a vengance. I HATE FLIES! If I know there are flies in the house, I can not sit still til they are all dead.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maryk
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Mary
Barrington RI
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  4:17:54 PM  Show Profile
Maybe you need to put up some fly strips. Have you tried what the others have suggested for fly control. I hate flies too, they are so annoying!!!
Go to Top of Page

garyw965
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Gary
Hemet CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  8:41:30 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you need to keep the goats away from the window. Seems like fly prevention is becoming year round. Will we ever get a break??
Go to Top of Page

wandaj
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Wanda
Buffalo NY
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  11:36:47 AM  Show Profile
It seems as though how to get rid of flys is becoming a year round problem, yes Gary. Seems like we will never get ahead of the population.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic FLIES!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page