Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  08:53:47 AM  Show Profile
I really love the borax! I just started using it last year and just try it everywhere! Vinegar is also a blessing in disguise...add to hot water and my old linoleum floor has never looked better!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  12:32:41 PM  Show Profile
I just picked up this book at Borders ( I had a coupon!) Clean, Naturally: recipes for body, home and spirit. The author, Sandy Maine, is a soapmaker by trade, but includes recipes for house and home, body and bath, healthy skin. Not all are soaps, many use common ingredients with the addition of essential oils. She offers soap recipes from a glycerin base for those of use who are timid about using lye.

She also has a project for making herbal sleep pillows, which I am desperately in need of. I sleep, but I don't think I sleep well -- head gets stuffy, and I wake several times during the night.

Here's a quote from the conclusion of her book:

Simplicity and self-sufficiency represent the act of saying "no" to too much and "yes" to the matters of the heart and hands, the land, and the loved ones who surround us.

She sounds like a farmgirl to me!

I'd get a face lift - but then it wouldn't match my body!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  7:06:41 PM  Show Profile
I love that quote, Sandy - thanks! It really rings true for me...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  07:06:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi I am hearing many speak of Murphy's soap ....I was told it is toxic... does anyone have facts about it ...thanks Nicci

Together we make a difference!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  08:30:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi, gardengirl! I'm curious about Murphy's Oil Soap, too. I just love the smell - but I've never heard that it's toxic. I'd sure like to know for sure!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  6:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Libbie thanks for all the support! .... all I can find is that Murphy's is now owned by Colgate. I search 3 web pages so maybe it is ok? Best wishes Nicci

Together we make a difference!
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  1:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Colgate also ownes Tom's of Maine, toothpaste. Maybe they are following the healthy green trend with their company.
I use Young Living Essential oils for disinfecting. I love their "Theives" cleaning stuff. Don't get me started! We used nothing else this year, and it was our best winter, as far as illness goes. That really says something, since we had just adopted two teens from Africa. I wasn't sure what that would do to everyones immune system, especially theirs.

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown..." smallgracesatforgetmenot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Resources for Safe Homekeeping Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page