Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  6:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Our dryer's heat is out. I know what needs to be done- the grounding wire to the heating element needs to be rewired with a heat resistant wire. I just haven't had the time with everything going on. So I got out my trusty clothesline and strung it across some trees in the back of my yard. I now have about 20 feet of clothes line and I am remembering how much I love line drying clothes. They smell so good!! :) I have so much laundry to get done. I hope that tomorrow is a bit warm!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  6:16:12 PM  Show Profile
I have a little single retractable line I stretch across our back patio. I adore it. I now want the kind that has 5 lines on it! There is nothing better than that smell!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  6:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I wish I had a patio! You are so lucky! I can't wait until we have our own land and I can install what I want on it!!! I had a daydream of washing all the loads and loading it into one of those little electric farm trucks and then going out to a really long clothes line where the stuff you hung up at the beginning would be done by the time you got it all hung up or near enough! LOL in the Montana summer that can be as little as 10-15 minutes depending on clothing weight. I know it is infinitly more practicle to have several in a row though! LOL Just one of those silly thoughts that you have when you are dreaming big!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  6:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Trust me, it is not an exciting patio...LOL! It is a little cement block out back. Then there is fence on each side to separate the neighbors. But it does worj perfectly for a laundry line, so I can't complain too much! It wouldn't be even better if the neighbor girl didn't always come wipe her grubby hands all over my clean clothes...ok...I'm done ranting...maybe....

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  7:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Are you serious?! You neighbor wipes her hands on your LAUNDRY?! That is above and beyond rude! I don't even know how I would handle that!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have gotten so many clothes washed and dried today. I love how clean and fresh line dried clothes smell. What a great feeling!

Do you ladies fold as you are taking the clothes down or do you wait until they are inside?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:48:08 PM  Show Profile
It is the little girl next door we have been having troubles with. I had my lovely white eyelet lace pillowcases hanging on the line (something I splurged on with my Christmas money...hey big spender!). They have a sandbox that has that horrid colored sand and she wiped them all over my pillowcases.

Glad you are getting loads (pun intended) done! I fold mine as I take them off, I get to spend more time outside that way!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! Colored sand is the Worst!! When I bought sand for Nora that was the only thing that the big box stores seemed to carry and it was ridiculously expensive. I am so sorry that your pretty pillowcases got mucked up. Did the stains come out?

I am thilled too that I am getting LOADS done! LOL! Today has been a very productive day. I still need to go grocery shopping and visit the horse. It seems like things always pile up for me to do on Sundays!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  1:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well I guess they got an extra rinse!!

I heard thunder rumble twice and thought "Hmmm I better grab everything that is dry" but there were some thing that were only half done. So I left them out and had just hung a few more things and sure enough- we got a cloud burst. Oh well!! It's 85 degrees out so I am sure they will be dry relatively soon! lol

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  07:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
I have a pulley system line! It goes from the laundry room door out 100 feet to a pine tree. I love it i dont ahve steps to go up and down, i never have to move it is great! I had knee surgery some years ago and i cant do stairs!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  07:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Brandee- That would be fantastic!!! I want one! :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Laundry Line Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page