Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Do you ever cheat on your laundry?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Do you ever cheat on your laundry? Next Topic
Page: of 2

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  2:59:53 PM  Show Profile
I do it once in awhile. I mix dark and light colors. I try not to mix light colors business clothing with bold colors though. Usually the ones I mix is house clothes, towels, bedlinen. Once in awhile it does bleed to other clothes. But I never mix reds and white anymore one mistake is all I needed.
Go to Top of Page

mandymarie20
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

7 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  11:42:36 PM  Show Profile
Laundry can be a taxing chore. I imagine my laundry method is cheating. I generally do 4 loads: whites, my husband's darks, my darks, and heavy duty darks like towels and blankets. Any articles which I believe will run, I place in the heavy duty darks. I'm not as concerned with a bit of color on my bath towels as I would be about my husband's work clothes.

To prevent colors running, I wash everything in cold water just to be safe. A bit of Borax in every load insures cleanliness.

The older I become, the more I seem to enjoy laundry. It's probably because there are only two people in my household
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  09:45:36 AM  Show Profile
I am a crazy woman who loves doing laundry as well. Just don't like putting it away!!

I love making my laundry detergant and getting out the stains. My daughter-in-law once said to me when I was telling her how to get the formula stains out of the babies sleeper, "you would give Martha a run for her money". I said, thank you!

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  11:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Yup . . . I cheat occasionally. Depends on what it is and what colors are involved.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

andwhathaveya
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Tiffany
Beckley WV
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  4:58:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm a dirty cheater! LOL Usually it's just with socks though.

Farmgirl #3468
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Do you ever cheat on your laundry? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page