Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I just have to say Thank you!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I just have to say Thank you!! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  08:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you to MaryJane, Meg and everyone at the farm for giving us the forum to meet, greet and create amazing friendships on!

I was thinking this morning how blessed I am to have so many wonderful friends. I love being able to meet wonderful women from all over the world! Without this forum I don't think I would have met 90% of you and each day I love reading posts about day to day life, trials and tribulations. I love that if I have a question about...well Anything! there will be a farmgirl out there that will have the answer or be able to point me in the right direction.

The Farmgirl Connection is like this beautiful patchwork quilt where each one of us is our own block, but sewn together through our friendships and conversations.

Thank you all for being here and sharing your lives- You are such a big part of my life now, too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  09:17:06 AM  Show Profile
Alee,

Very well said. I always feel like I am home when I come here. I've met so many wonderful women on this board and I cannot ever thank them enough for their friendship, kindness and strength. I sometimes feel like I am so weird. But then I come here and there are so many like minded ladies such as me that it always comforts me and makes me "know that I am not the only one and that I am perfectly fine just the way that I am"

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Marcy on Aug 05 2011 09:18:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  09:34:16 AM  Show Profile
I feel the exact same way! I was just thinking the same thing yesterday! We are truly, truly blessed to all have each other, to have this wonderful gathering place, and to have everyone at MaryJanes Farm! Thank YOU, too, Alee! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  5:16:28 PM  Show Profile
I agree - I was feeling kind of disgruntled today about some "stuff" - but if I can take a break and "talk" with some of you, I feel so much better. Yes, thanks Mary Jane... Wishing you many, many years of love, friendship, and success. You go girl!

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  7:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
I'm still new to the Farmgirl Connection and hope to join the Sisterhood soon, but feel the same way. I can't wait to log on each day and see what's new. Thanks Mary Jane and thanks to all you wonderful women out there with your open and loving hearts.

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  10:12:00 PM  Show Profile
Couldn't agree more Alee! It is so neat to meet all of you and hear your stories, your day to day activities, your recipes and your encouragement. Mary Jane and Meg did a really cool thing when they thought this up!!

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  04:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely, Alee! This place is so awesome! Whenever I am talking about someone with some neat idea or some new friendship or a funny story, my family will ask "Is that someone you met from MaryJanes?" When I get something in the mail, its "Did you get that from someone at MaryJanes?" Whenever I'm stuck on what to do or have a question about something, they say "Hey, why don't you post on MaryJanes?" Even my FAMILY knows how much I like this place! It's so wonderful to have a group of like minded women to "hang out" with. I'm thankful to have "met" all of you, and hope to really MEET some of you soon!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  05:46:00 AM  Show Profile
Count me in with all of the other Farm Girls who absolutely love the MJF Connection. It is true that there is someone here for whatever you need be it hugs, welcome, niche questions on some topic or countless ways to have fun while living a more grounded and green way of life. Mary Jane has given each of us the gift of each other through bringing us together on this forum and with her incredible magazine!!Mary Jane, thank-you!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though I just became a Farm Chick this summer, I cannot imagine my life now without all of you in this Connection! Talk about strength in numbers! Totally Amazing!

I love all of you Farm Girls!!

Winnie #3109

Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  06:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Alee,
So true! This has become such a big part of my (and my family's, due to the impact on me) life. If I "miss" a few days from here, I feel lost! I've always said it makes this big ol' world so much cozier and homey! Thanks Alee for expressing just how we feel! Hugs to you!

Amy - letter on the way to you, hon!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Cabin Dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Brenda
Cortland NY
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  06:09:58 AM  Show Profile
I feel the same way. The Farmgirl connection, the magazine, the monthly cluck, all of these things inspire me. Kudos Mary Jane!

Farmgirl #1954
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  09:39:09 AM  Show Profile
Indeed, this is so true. I know that my overall attitude towards life has improved since finding Mary Jane and the Farmgirls. I feel like I've adopted a sunnier attitude towards everything, become less critical of those around me, and have just become more content.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
A Beehive is the ultimate Home Sweet Home
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  5:16:32 PM  Show Profile
So true, Alee, so true! I have met so many great women here, I never thought a friendship could grow online but it does especially when we have so much in common, and you Alee are part of the glue that keeps us together!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6648 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6648 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  6:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Without all my farmgirl sisters I would be a lonely farmgirl in the summer when hubby is gone. Thank you for bringing so much love, care and the many farmgirl angels into my life, I am truly blessed.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  10:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Amen Alee! I want to thank everyone for being such fabulous women! I know I'm one of the young uns' on the forum, but I am so blessed to have such good role models and friends here. I look forward everyday to seeing what's new here, and I wouldn't have that without all of you:)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  8:37:29 PM  Show Profile
I agree, Alee. You Farmgirls are the best!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  06:19:54 AM  Show Profile
I know this sounds like what everyone else said, but I couldn't agree with you more, Alee!! I love MaryJane and her family for creating this and everyone in this community is just wonderful!!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  07:16:25 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree. When I have a problem, my farmgirl sisters always have the best advise. Alee, I feel I have known you all my life.

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2011 :  7:09:41 PM  Show Profile
Simply said- what we have all discovered with the help of Mary Jane is amazing. It just makes your life better-plain and simple.
Thank you to Mary Jane, Meg, Brian and everyone at "the farm" and to all my fellow farmgirl sisters- you inspire me daily!
With gratitude and smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I just have to say Thank you!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page