Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Bare Burrito Review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Bare Burrito Review Next Topic  

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  6:41:21 PM  Show Profile
I love Mexican food. Really, I do. If you set a 5 course meal in front of me, and then a big burrito-I'll take the burrito. Add in some rice and refried beans? I'm totally sold.

When I first read the description of MJF's Bare Burrito, I was kinda skeptical, to be honest. Rice, beans, corn and cheese? I had to try it and see for myself.

When I scooped it out of the bag, I wasn't really "enthused" with the texture, really. I guess I expected the rice and beans to be separate? I have no idea what I was expecting. But, I tried it anyway.

It was delicious! The beans are so awesome. Thick, flavorful, not grainy at all! I think I'll be getting the bean flakes on my next order so I can whip them up anytime. The corn went so well with the beans-I never thought to put corn in with them before! The rice was great, like always, and the spices were wonderful. Zesty, spicy (but not too hot), and the corn even had a crunch! It really didn't need a tortilla at all! I think it would be great as a dip at a party, though! It totally filled me up with just one serving. My husband really liked it, too. I now see why Alee says it's a lunch favorite of her husbands.

I'm continually amazed at how such wonderful, tasty food can come out of a package like that!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  10:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes! We love the Bare Burrito at out house! We make it for burritos for dinner, or as bean dip for some nice tortilla chips. When I had my surgery in May, MaryJane's food was the only thing I could eat and the Bare Burrito is nicely adjustable. A little more water and it can be a nice thick bean soup, or thicker and it works great as a dip. It is something that we never ever run out of at our house. I am so glad you like it as well! :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  2:41:09 PM  Show Profile
One of our favorites as well..yum!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  04:52:40 AM  Show Profile
So yummy! It's also super comforting. It's thick and hearty.

And it didn't make me gassy!!! LOL.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Bare Burrito Review Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page