Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 August--lose weight, eat right...wanna join me :0)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic August--lose weight, eat right...wanna join me :0) Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  7:01:47 PM  Show Profile
So, no walking for me today!! My mouth ache turned into a migraine that would NOT quit. Oh well, i guess I need to listen to my body when it says no walking!

Looking forward to tomorrow so I guess that's good :0).

Paula, that's a great idea!

Oleta---at least you HAVE the video so that's a start, right :0)...share when you get a chance to do it!

Judy---junk food is so tempting and so awful! I wish I could banish it---with 4 teen agers and 3 living at home, it is near IMPOSSIBLE to do so---I try to buy things they will nosh on that I do not like...it works. They eat pretty health considering---lots of fruit and veggies for all but my one son who has such bad eating habits...and he is so thin we call him "flat Stanley". But thin is not always healthy---his blood work is all fine--no deficiencies---I just hope he makes better choices as he grows up :0).

OY! I need to stop typing it is aggravating the head---UGH! I feel like such a whiner this week. Oh well, no more tooth pulling for a while so...

Hang in there ladies and try to prep for the notorious WEEKEND!!!!!

Just a Brooklyn, NY gal trying to figure out this country thing after 12+ years in the woods of NE PA! Wife of my HS sweetie going on 23 years and mom to the amazing four ages 19(g), 17(s), 14(s), 13(s)!
Donna
Sister # 3062
http://restingunderthepinetree.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6585 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6585 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  05:49:51 AM  Show Profile
So, no real exercise yesterday but, I did clean house for 4 or 5 hours. What do you think ladies does that count as exercise really? Let me tell you after I clean house I am too darn tired to exercise! And, I have opened my Leslie Sansone Video and walked once, yes once in 6 days, now is that lazy or what.
Oh just wanted to vent.
Donna, good idea on starting a new thread on Monday, and like everyone else the weekends are so hard.
Plus another farmgirl and I are meeting Sylvia from Texas tomorrow (she is here on vacation) in a little junkin town about 45 minutes from here for lunch. Hope I can get a nice chicken salad or something. Will let you all know how it goes.
Hang in there ladies, remember one day at a time, together we can do this for us!
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  06:16:32 AM  Show Profile
Donna, I have a flat stanley too, my 15 year old, he eats anything and it is mostly junk and his bloodwork is great, it is really disgusting.

Debbie, Housework is a chore. If I work up a sweat I count it since tht means I upped my heart rate.

Weekends are when I feel most active. I clean the house, shop for food and maybe hobby stuff cook something extra I can put in the freezer (last weekend was pancakes) and plan for the next week. Hopefully I will get my fabric and start my pillowcases too. Tomorrow is working in both gardens so I will be wiped out but probably very happy.

Judy
Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6585 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6585 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  06:22:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh Judy I wish I could have a garden to work and play in as that would be wonderful, I have always had one until we moved 9000 feet up in the mountains. I just have not luck with a garden too many critters and I am not willing to fence in my little 3 acres. Can not get much too grow because of our soil. So, I have a small container garden of herbs and flowers on my elevated back deck but I do not get much exercise dead heading a few pots:-)
Have a beautiful fun filled weekend everyone.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile
Well to me moving is MOVING!!!!! If I sweat I am obviously burning something!! If you have a spark people account, it will tell you how many cals you burned doing housework---cuz it does depend on your weight.

Weekends are both hard and easy for me :0). See it depends on if the hubby is home and if we have company. When he works and no comapny it's just like any other week day :0). Company seems to equal food---especially with my family. Food=love :0)...pasta usually 0_0! So *I* need to make the choices...not fall into the trap!

1 week in 6 days is better than NO walks in 6 days!!!

I am sitting here actually WAITING for the ibuprofen to kick in so i can do a walk :0). I AM determined---but I did eat THREE mallow mar cookies between last night and today---BUMMER!!! That is why I should NOT buy snacks I like---didn't I JUST say that the other day???

I bought a new scale since my other one was apparently lying---bwa hahaha! Actually, i bought it cuz the battery kept falling out. I wonder if this scale will be nicer to me tomorrow.

Just a Brooklyn, NY gal trying to figure out this country thing after 12+ years in the woods of NE PA! Wife of my HS sweetie going on 23 years and mom to the amazing four ages 19(g), 17(s), 14(s), 13(s)!
Donna
Sister # 3062
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  09:45:03 AM  Show Profile
I read where someone did a study about how much you burn by doing housework. The study reported that for the people who believed housework was a good workout, seemed to actually burn more calories while doing housework than the people who didn't believe it. I think for those people who believed it was a good workout probably put more energy into doing it than the other people, which produced those results. But it also proves the power of positive thinking too!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
A Beehive is the ultimate Home Sweet Home
Go to Top of Page

tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  11:07:42 AM  Show Profile
Got some more strength training in yesterday (exercise band class). Today, I watered the garden, does dragging the hose around and sweating like crazy count as exercise? My DD has a softball game this evening, another one at 8 tomorrow morning, and one at 6:30 tomorrow evening, all an hour away! We do plan on going to a flea market while killing time tomorrow, so i will get some walking (okay strolling) while we are there. Maybe I will wear my walking shoes tomorrow and take a walk during their warmups or something. Have to think about that, because even though it is only in the upper 80s, it is muggy! I would rather sit in my chair and knit the sock i am working on! Good luck everybody!

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  11:34:52 AM  Show Profile
I think if you sweat it counts :0)!!!!

Did 3 miles today and feel pretty good. i am famished and am having lunch at 2:30---that is a bit late 0_0!!!

Paula---do you think if I THINK that ice-cream has the same calories as broccoli it would work??? Sigh...me thinks not!

Donna
Sister # 3062
Go to Top of Page

hellomysister
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Laura
Fond du Lac WI
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  5:17:41 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join this group. I was determined that this would be the year to take charge of me and was doing pretty good since April 1. I had an exercise buddy but health issues caused her to slow down for July and I let her excuse be my excuse, too. Anyway, enough of that - did some pulling of weeds in the garden today and tomorrow back to walking and weights. Also am in a new session of Weight Watchers - down 10 lbs since April, but can do better - have a quite a bit of a journey ahead of me.

...on a quest for inspired gardening, crafting, and golfing.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  6:23:42 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Laura and congrats on the 10 pounds! Sorry I took so long to post...weekends you know! Looking forward to having you encourage us on the way!

Donna
Sister # 3062
Go to Top of Page

HeirloomMomma
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Linda
PA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  5:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!!
I am joining the weight loss struggle as well.
How is everyone doing???? August is almost over, so let's post our progressess and struggles.
I have lost 17 pounds since the end of June. The last 17 days I have followed 'The 17 Day Diet' and lost 10 of those pounds. It has been difficult removing sugar/carbs from my diet as I LOVE breads, pastas and sugar.
However, I did it!!! :)
Now, tomorrow I begin the next 17-day leg of the journey. I get to add a few more foods, as the first 17 days the variety was extremely limited. I feel great, and want to keep losing.
I plan to begin adding walking daily, 17 minutes to begin with, as soon as school begins next week.
Hope you are all doing well.
With inspiration...

Farmgirl Sister #3291
http://hoovershomesteadhappenings.blogspot.com
"Leap and the net will appear."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  6:53:58 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Congrats Linda!!! I hope you find continued great success! I never heard of that diet/eating plan. I have a super hard time getting rid of carbs myself! I am going to start another Monday thread...so maybe others that have posted will join in :0)!

Donna
Sister # 3062
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  1:03:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello, all!

Now that September is here and the heat of summer will soon be behind us (not soon enough as our highs are forecasted to be in the mid-90s this week -- UGH!), I am getting more excited and even motivated to get back on track!

I just got an email from my hiking buddies from earlier in the year and we'll be doing some fall hiking!!! I was ready to jump up and down when I got the email!!!

I think I have to do some remedial work, though. I haven't done any serious walking or hiking since early in August and it didn't go well. I still think it's the heat that does it to me. I've only gone to the gym a couple of times and have been doing the treadmill and the bikes. I need to do some more Wii Fit Plus and I want to do the Couch 2 5K -- and may have some support at work for that! I also plan to start attending my gym's "Lifestyles" program that goes for 12 weeks and starts this week. I actually know quite a bit about nutrition but just don't always eat how I should. I also eat WAY too much!

Fall is more a time of renewal for me than the new year. Most people are grateful that they've made it through the winter but I take a big sigh of relief once I've survived summer!!!!

Would LOVE to hear how others are doing!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  5:52:49 PM  Show Profile
I went for a 30 minute walk on Tuesday, 20 minute bike ride on Wednesday, and a 30 minute bike ride today. Really trying to exercise every day, since I know I lose weight easier when I do. We had way too much junk food in the house this week, so my weight is going down very slowly...Oh well, one habit at a time How is everybody else doing?

Tammy
Go to Top of Page

HeirloomMomma
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Linda
PA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  3:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, as of today I have lost 25 pounds!!! Encouraging everyone who is attempting to become healthier to stick with it, and if you have a meal, binge or bad day that isn't on your healthier eating plan....then do better the next meal or day!
It will happen!!
Keep up the great work everyone!! :)

Farmgirl Sister #3291
http://hoovershomesteadhappenings.blogspot.com
"Leap and the net will appear."
Go to Top of Page

SunshineDoc
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Mary Ann
Albany Oregon
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  09:54:20 AM  Show Profile
Wow. This is a great chain. I want to mention a book I wrote: "Mindful Eating: Mindful Life". I'm a physician; was so impressed by the fact that MOST of us really do know what we need to know about this diet/exercise thing. But. The doing it. Oy. (I'm bridging here -- my personal experience couples with the folks I see in my "role".) So -- I started asking lots of questions and got a few things down to bare bones. And then wrote a book on it. I just think it's the cat's meow in terms of offering one more "nondiet" thing for support.

I get all squirmy about speaking up about my stuff; so I'll stop here. But -- anyhow, could be you'd find it helpful, too.

Being mindful is a way of life - and health.
Mary Ann Wallace, MD
www.maryannwallace.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic August--lose weight, eat right...wanna join me :0) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page