Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayer Partners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer Partners Next Topic
Page: of 7

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  12:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I love the idea of two months. Just getting my prayer partner a few days ago, we haven't gotten to know each other. This is just such a wonderful thing! Thanks for overseeing it all Claudia.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  12:46:22 PM  Show Profile
I think that is fine too!

Blessings,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  08:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Brenda (Classygram) wanted me to let everyone know that her computer is down at the moment.
Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  11:17:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for all your prayers, I really appreciate that.
My computer crashed and so have not been on and other circumstances have kept me from the library.
Please keep praying I really need it right now.
I will email more later.
blessings to you all.
darlene

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  2:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh - Emily! I'm so sorry! I know that you did email me at some point, but I was really sick and didn't do much emailing back. I can't even remember if I responded or not, but I really would like to reconnect with you when you have time, okay? Please forgive me!

Darlene, Annette & Jamie - thank you for your patience, too. I'm back and will be responding to your emails by the weekend!

Hugs and blessings to you all!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  7:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh precious Nini, welcome back! So glad you're healing! I've missed you!

Claudia's computer is giving her some trouble, mine is down, too Darlene. I've been using my cell phone...lol

Just a quick thank you to 22angel too. How I've enjoyed our *chats* so far! I am loving the opportunity to get to know you!

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  1:51:24 PM  Show Profile
If need be I'll take on a another prayer partner.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  11:27:40 AM  Show Profile
Many of us got a letter from Nini. Thought I would add this your prayer list and also give you an update from Nini...so many of us care for her dearly. Here goes:

Hi everyone -

Okay... I'm okay... Basically this stinking left bundle branch block is a misfiring or misdirection of firing of the electrical impulses in my heart. As I had told every person who saw me over the past couple of days, any time I have tests, it's going to look like I have or am having a heart attack. Well, there was a lot of pain, and the ekg she did DID look weird, so I'll give my doctor that. (My foster daughter looked at it and all she could say was, "This is NOT normal...") All the tests that DO work on my heart show that now there is an additional misfire in the bundle branch block. Basically, an electrical impulse moves in a certain path in your heart. Mine used to change and go in a different direction sometimes. Now it goes in three different directions, and they don't know why. They said they've never seen anything like it before. Sometimes it follows the normal path, sometimes it goes to what they knew was a new path, and now, sometimes, it will follow yet ANOTHER path. And this all causes pain - real, unadulterated, lightning-strike, broken-glass-moving-through-your-heart, you-think-you-might-be-dying, scarey pain. There's nothing they can do about it, there is no way to treat it or stop it or change it. It's just me: "special." Because I'm a woman, and because heart attacks show up differently in women, and because of my father's heart history, the hospital said it is probably a good idea if I head into the ER with any type of pain that doesn't go away in a short period of time; or if I have any other symptoms of a heart attack (tight squeezing, pressure, sweating, nausea, etc.), but it isn't necessary to go in every time. They said that "I'll know." Well, I think that's silly, because when you get this pain, you really don't "know" - you're totally unsure as to whether you should head in or not, so I'm just going to have to play it by ear and do whatever I think is best. They do have to keep an eye on me, but it's not life-threatening per se... at least not at this point. They continually checked my blood pressure throughout the entire ordeal, and they say that it's only "slightly elevated," but they're going to keep me on that new BP medicine (low dose water pill) for now. Oh - and the doctor said I have a little bit of pleurisy, which could be something lingering from the pneumonia, and it should go away itself. The hospital had kept me overnight for observation and testing, and then sent me home last night, the doctor assigned to me having called this entire thing a "Major, whopping false alarm." I am so whooped today, it's an effort to lift my arm, but that's probably because I didn't sleep very well while I was there for many reasons. Last night I had shooting glass/lightning pains that woke me up from my sleep. C'est la vie.

My doctor who sent me in is actually my new doctor (old one left the practice) - she had only seen me once prior to this for the pneumonia, and, although she has an understanding of branch bundle block, and despite my protests, she was unsatsified with the two ekgs that she had done in the office. Apparently, the one that indicates how the anterior part of your heart muscle is doing, showed nary a beat, and was flat-lining where there should've been little hill-type bumps. She didn't feel it was the lbbb, and she thought my heart was simply not working properly. In the ER, the ekg looked completely different that what she had seen, and initially they didn't see any problem. Later, after the in-patient testing, they knew why - my heart's beating to the tune of its own drummer and likes wondrous variety. If you know me at all, that shouldn't surprise you at all. ;)

Please don't worry - from what they're telling me, I'm going to be fine. I just need to take it easy and get plenty of rest for the next few days. I'll be back to "normal" very soon. Thank you all for your prayers and understanding. I'm sorry I got you upset, but you know as much as I do that when these things happen, it's always best to call upon Him first and foremost. :)

I'll be back in touch and back on track in a couple of days, I promise!

Hugs -

Nini

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7593 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7593 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  11:35:26 AM  Show Profile
Please keep me in your prayers, I have had an awful January and my computer is still down. I appreciate your prayers and will keep praying for you all too.
blessings and hugs
darlene

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  5:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Will be praying Darlene! (((Hugs)))

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  07:41:50 AM  Show Profile
Darlene,
Prayers for you!!
Gosh, in reading so many of the prayer requests on forum, prayers to all!
Life, this world? So very much is going on these days!

May I ask for prayer? I have 2 great aunts very ill. One in grave health and the Lord will be taking her home anytime. They are both just precious women and have lived a long good life.

Thank you,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Bayou Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

252 Posts

Jennifer
Star City Arkansas
USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  07:57:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure how your prayer partners works, but I would like to participate.

~Jennifer~
Farmgirl #3803

Go to Top of Page

Bayou Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

252 Posts

Jennifer
Star City Arkansas
USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  07:59:17 AM  Show Profile
Linda,

I have your aunts and your family in my prayers. Praises for their years of living and focus on your many happy memories as you go through this tough time.

quote:
Originally posted by prayin granny

Darlene,
Prayers for you!!
Gosh, in reading so many of the prayer requests on forum, prayers to all!
Life, this world? So very much is going on these days!

May I ask for prayer? I have 2 great aunts very ill. One in grave health and the Lord will be taking her home anytime. They are both just precious women and have lived a long good life.

Thank you,
Linda

Country at Heart

~Jennifer~
Farmgirl #3803

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  09:43:49 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, I will assign you a prayer partner either today or tomorrow for sure. I thought I would double check with the person who said they would take more than one. Now...this is how it usually goes. We have a new prayer partner every 2 months. Close to the end of that time, I will ask who would like to sign up for the next round. (Some feel it too stressful to take it on, so periodically opt out. I would rather a person NOT commit to praying or contacting their partner at least once a week, than leave their partner hanging.) Contacting at least weekly allows us to see how things are going and if things have changed or if they have another request. In changing partners, we have begun to build some deep friendships that carry on because we know what is missing or hurting in their lives and we have made an investment in that person. So... if that is OK with you, I will let you know who your partner is soon. OK?

Go to Top of Page

Bayou Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

252 Posts

Jennifer
Star City Arkansas
USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  07:00:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Claudia. I have been in contact with my partner, and it is a blessing. I truly believe in the power of prayer. Thank you for letting me join in here.

~Jennifer~
Farmgirl #3803

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:38:16 AM  Show Profile
OK Y'all!

I hope that you have been contacting your prayer partner through this time. I admit to all that I have been sluggish chiefly because of illness and a computer death. Both are resolved and I am learning a new program on a new computer. I hope you all are doing well. It will be March soon and I need to know who wants to be officially a prayer partner for March and April. If you would please let me know, and also contact your prayer partner one more time if not up to date before the change begins. Blessings to you all!!!

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  4:29:37 PM  Show Profile
I have not heard from anyone as to whether they want to continue having personal prayer partners. If you do, please contact me as I asked in the message above. I will make the list at the end of the week. If no one wants to have prayer partners, then this group will formally disband. We all may just be too busy.

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  11:31:37 AM  Show Profile
I have only heard from one person regarding staying on the prayer partner list. So....I presume that means that we formally disband this list or... . For those who would like to continue with their present partner, please catch up with them if their prayer needs have changed. For others, please keep all our ladies in your prayers, as trials will continue to show up. Blessings to you all!

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  05:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Claudia,
I sent you an email yesterday...

Hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  2:57:23 PM  Show Profile
Just saw it Linda. Will answer you privately.

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  9:34:36 PM  Show Profile
I love the partner and wish it stay.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bayou Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

252 Posts

Jennifer
Star City Arkansas
USA
252 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  8:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Me, too, Ruthie.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer Partners Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page