Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Turn a Fitted Double Sheet into 2 Crib Sheets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Turn a Fitted Double Sheet into 2 Crib Sheets Next Topic  

MelodyRose
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Melody
Hallsville Missouri
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  9:22:27 PM  Show Profile
I FINALLY got this tutorial done! I actually did this project a few months ago, but I've fallen so far behind in my blogging since the last baby was born... Oh, well--when the blog starts screaming, crying, and needing fed (or, ahem, making me money!!), I'll pay more attention to it!

The best thing about this is that if you use what you have, it's COMPLETELY free. Cut the elastic out of an old pair of skivvies and grab a double sheet, and you're ready to go! I was most tickled that I wouldn't have to purchase new sheets.

www.aquietlittlelife.blogspot.com

www.MRSdesigns.etsy.com

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  3:43:31 PM  Show Profile
I need to figure out how to make sheets for our cradle. I've found its IMPOSSIBLE to find the right size sheet for it.
Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

MelodyRose
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Melody
Hallsville Missouri
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  06:44:25 AM  Show Profile
As long as your mattress is a rectangle, you could use the same technique I did in the tutorial. Measure the top of the mattress, and add the thickness of the mattress onto the length and width measurements, plus probably 2 inches--just enough to finish the edge and tuck under the bottom of the mattress. The length of the sides on the squares you cut out of the corners will be the thickness of your mattress, plus the extra 2 inches. Then match up the sides of your square to make the corners, sew them together, finish your edges, and apply your elastic.

Sorry--I realize you weren't asking, but that's how I'd do it! :)

www.aquietlittlelife.blogspot.com

www.MRSdesigns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  11:33:04 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, for our cradle I used a pillowcase and just tucked in the end!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Turn a Fitted Double Sheet into 2 Crib Sheets Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page