True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  8:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

I don't know if anyone can help me, but I am having a HECK of a time staying online. My two beloved techies have both passed away - Good LORD, do I miss them! - and I have been trying to figure this out online, but nothing seems to be working. Whenever I click on a website, Internet Explorer shuts down, restarts, and then usually repeats the whole process of shutting down and restarting over and over and over. It's very rare that I get more than a few minutes on any given website. This has been happening for a while now, but lately it is SO much more frequent that it's disrupting just about everything I try to accomplish online. If ANYONE has ANY ideas or suggestions as to where I can find help with this online, I'd appreciate it. It's SO frustrating! Not only am I constantly being booted out of whatever websites I visit, I'm also losing emails, but Comcast is telling me it's not a problem with them. I know it's an issue with Internet Explorer, but everything I've found to help with this issue just isn't working. AGH!!!

I really, really, really, appreciate any help! Thanks so much!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  03:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Are you positive it's the IE? What version do you have? Did you upgrade to IE9? You might want to install Google Chrome as an alternate browser (don't let it install as the default) Then go to those same websites using that and see if you have any problems. If you do then at least you know it's not IE.
I have IE9 and was having issues when trying to post on a web-site. A techie suggested i try Chrome for that and it worked no problem.Still don't know why IE was being difficult but had to let that one go. Seems like everyone you talk to will give you conflicting feedback on IE but i have yet to hear anything bad about Google Chrome.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  03:24:47 AM  Show Profile
I have switched to Mozilla Firefox a long time ago, and never use IE anymore. With IE I had SO many problems, some the same as you describe Nini. So I decided a long time ago to try out Firefox for a while. That was a good choice ...no problem at all. It opens all the websites perfectly (as far as perfect goes on the internet lol)Maybe something to think about??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  06:53:42 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Marian. I never use Explorer it was nothing but trouble. I use Firefox and have for 7 or 8 years now. I also use Thunderbird for my mail program. Once I got out of Microsoft I have had little or no problems.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  07:44:03 AM  Show Profile
i had issues also. now i use firefox also. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  12:11:52 PM  Show Profile
Firefox here also, hubby has chrome, they both work pretty well.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Internet Explorer Issues Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page