Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  2:04:01 PM  Show Profile
I did a search and didn't see quite this topic, I'm looking for creative, cute, fun and/or space saving ways to store my rings and lids for my canning jars (mostly the rings since the lids stack and don't take up much room). I always take my rings off so I have piles and piles of them! I usually put them in the canner when its not in use which works well except for the mess it makes when I have to dump them out to use it. So ideas?

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  2:05:29 PM  Show Profile
I probably should add that I don't need all of them readily accessible unless I'm actually canning but I do need a few so if I give something away or need a ring for storage after its opened I can get to it...another downfall of keeping them in the canner, its out of read for everyday needs!

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2873 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2873 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  2:52:13 PM  Show Profile
I pounded a nail in the pantry wall, took a long piece of twine, threaded the rings onto the twine, tied a bow style knot & hung on the nail. Easy to untie & get when needed, but out of the way & not taking up cabinet space..
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  3:33:32 PM  Show Profile
I did the same as Lisa. I have a long piece of cotton string looped through with a ring on the bottom to hold them on. THe whole string hangs on the nail in the wood ladder on the end of the shelf. I think I have a tub full out in the garage too. =)

The lids, I keep in a bucket. I think I am going to get a large decorative tin when I find one at the thrift store that I like and put the lids in there.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Storing canning rings and lids Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page