kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  3:49:12 PM  Show Profile
My granddaughter has had the worst time since the tornadoes April 27th here. She was at school when the first ones came through. Ever since she has been so afraid of just a little wind or a few raindrops or even clouds. Yesterday I took her to a counselor and she really liked her. I guess she helped her because this afternoon we were both outside. I wanted to get some of the yard mowed and she was playing on the trampoline. It started raining a little. We went on out to the garden to pick some tomatoes. It felt SO good. We were both soaking wet but she was doing great. She actually had fun! Then a little later she grabbed her shampoo and while I was feeding the lamb his bottle in the barn she washed her hair! I hope she can get over her fear of storms. This was a gentle soaking rain that just lasted maybe less than an hour.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  4:18:24 PM  Show Profile
How old is your granddaughter? It's wonderful that between counseling and safety in grandmas care is allowing her to put the weather that frightened her in some perspective. I suspect that your not allowing the rain to have you move indoors is what helped her become comfortable enough to wash her hair outdoors. The picture that brought to mind still has me smiling. It sounds like you had a delightful time. Take care, be well and happy.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  4:46:23 PM  Show Profile
She is 8 and has had a lot of "storms" in her life already. She is with me now. I don't know for how long. And that's a little unsettling for her I think. I hope she can get past being afraid of bad weather because it's all over the world. And so are bad situations. It's quite a long story. But she will get through it.

We went out to look for a rainbow. There is always one over Pigeon Mt. The sun was shining in the west and the black clouds were over the mountain. But we didn't see a rainbow. It's up there though, somewhere.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  5:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Kristin ~ I am so glad that the little one seems to be getting over her fear of storms. She is so lucky to have you as a gramma - protecting her from the "storms" in her life. Bless you.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  6:01:43 PM  Show Profile
That whole episode is so symbolic Kris.
Yes, she is lucky to have you.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  6:20:30 PM  Show Profile
I guess it is, Lisa. I know she will remember this. She is such a sweet little girl.

Y'all are so sweet. Thanks. I don't feel like I do a good job most of the time but she thinks so. And that's what matters.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  09:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
God Bless You, Kris!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Playing in the Rain Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page