Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 HomeSafeHome
 outdated prescriptions end up where?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic outdated prescriptions end up where? Next Topic  

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  5:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering..Public was recently asked to turn in unused prescription drugs to local PD to keep it out of the hands of unintended. So, what does PD do with them? Do they go down the drain..into our water..up in smoke?

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  5:47:07 PM  Show Profile
I don't know what they do with them, but in the hospital where I worked they were flushed down the toilet.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  9:18:35 PM  Show Profile
hmmmm..I hope they don't still do that. I heard that another community burns them. I wonder how long I can hold my breath.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  10:45:02 AM  Show Profile
Most pharmacies subscribe to a program for the proper disposal of prescription drugs. You might have seen a notice at your prescription pickup window about this. One would hope municipalities are on the same wavelength. It's a good thing to be concerned about. Ask your local health or sanitation department what their policy is!

Edited by - Rosemary on Jun 30 2011 10:46:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  3:17:24 PM  Show Profile
I want to say they're burned. I know the police dept's in California have a burn facility for drugs and whatnot they aquire. After they're used as evidence they're supposed to be incinerated-I'd assume the RX's are, as well.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  8:55:45 PM  Show Profile
We put our pills in with the kitty poops and take it out to the garbage.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic outdated prescriptions end up where? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page