New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Rabbit Habit Next Topic  

oneacrefarm
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

4 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  7:24:46 PM  Show Profile
So, does anyone else on here raise rabbits? I live in SE Texas and I raise Californian Meat Rabbits. I have a small garden and a compost heap and my fondest dream is to be a full time FarmGirl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.oneacrefarmrabbits.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  10:02:01 PM  Show Profile
We have mini lops now. I used to have alot of angoras...LOVED them. The lops are my daughter's 4H project.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  08:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
I am in east texas and raise mini lops for 4-h for the kids to show, we do have a breeding pair of new zealand whites. We are planning on selling out of rabbits this year. The heat has been really hard on them this year, even with large fans and mist systems. Of course i have hit burnout too, we have slimmed down from almost 300 rabbits!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

tammyknit
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Tammy
Reedsburg WI
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  7:27:25 PM  Show Profile
My DD raises Polish rabbits as a 4-H project. Isn't it amazing how many of us get into rabbits when our children have them as 4-H projects? They are great for the garden, though. My DD says they are "SOOOO cute"

Tammy
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Rabbit Habit Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page