Page: of 2

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  7:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
Mary Beth - I'm with you on the original The Women - loved it.
Top Three - Seriously
1. Out of Africa
2. Somewhere in Time
3. Always

One of my guilty pleasures is Legally Blonde. Something about it has me tuning in every time it comes on TV - that one and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Maybe they're just mindless romantic comedies that make me laugh. Oh - and You've Got Mail. Can't count the times I've seen it.

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  8:46:34 PM  Show Profile
Steel Magnolias and Seven Bride for Seven Brothers!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Your life is an occasion, rise to it. Mr. Magorium
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  10:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I've not heard of "The Women". What's it all about?

I love
Little Women
Pride and Prejudice(the newer version)
Harry Potter
French Kiss
Kate and Leopold
You've Got Mail

Actually, too many to list.

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  10:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Nevermind, I just googled the trailer. Looks hilarious!

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  10:40:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh boy, there are too many movies that I love to mention! My very top movies are: Titanic, Shutter Island, and The Breakfast Club. Then some of my favorites are: the new The Women, Where The Heart Is (with Natalie Portman), Fiddler on the Roof, Waitress, Bride Wars, 27 Dresses, both Legally Blondes, and 13 Going on 30. I have so many more, but those are what I can think of now!
Jackie, the new The Women is about a group of 4 friends, who are all female. The main plot of the story comes from Mary and Sylvia, who have been friends since college. Sylvia finds out that Mary's husband is having an affair, and then Mary finds out. Later on in the movie, Sylvia, trying to save her magazine, tells a tabloid writer that it is indeed true that Mary's husband is cheating. The end is basically when they're all together as friends again. It's one of my favorites!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  11:16:56 PM  Show Profile
@ Donna, they have Downton Abby on Netflix now if you have a subscription, they just put it on streaming a couple weeks ago and thats where I got it.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  06:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am the odd duck - Anything Horror!!
Fav is all the Alien, all the Prediator movies, anything S. King

That being said I love PBS Period Pieces such as Bleak House, Downton Abbey which I just finished from NetFlix. Love Sherlock Homes and Periot, Miss Marple and so on.

I do not like most "Girlie Movies" I do love Out of Africa and watch is many times a year.

Love reading your selections and they have given me some great suggestions to put on my NetFlix list.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  06:52:53 AM  Show Profile
Grace,

When we looked up the category of movies on Netflix of movies we like, it came up "Screwball Comedies".

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kimarie91
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Kim
Tx
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  07:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimarie91 a Yahoo! Message
Looks like I share with a few of you :) My absolute favorites are Sense & Sensibility (the new BBC version is my favorite), Pride & Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy), and Persuasion. Anne of Green Gables, Sarah Plain & Tall series are also favorites that I could just watch over and over.

Also love Remember the Titans, Hoosiers (married to a Hoosier so I have to love this!), Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, anything with Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Favorite movies... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page