Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Light-hearted and doesn't fit anywhere really :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Light-hearted and doesn't fit anywhere really :) Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  2:14:49 PM  Show Profile
I got my hair trimmed Tuesday afternoon and was planning to get my hi-lites redone. On the way to the beautician, though, I decided I'm tired of messing with touch-ups, etc., and that it was time to go back to my original color. Now, mind you, my hair has been hi-lited for the past 20+ years, so this was a pretty big decision. My beautician understood why I was doing this, and she matched my roots up with a little swatch of hair on a ring. Well, there's no way my real color is this dark, but that's okay. This will originally fade, I know, and until then it's in a ponytail most of the time anyway. Out of sight, out of mind. The funny thing is, though, that it took my dh over 24 hours to notice. Better yet, dd and I came into town to stay with my mom for a few days and spend time with my son here (and let dd recuperate a bit more -- more in another post), and ds has eaten 3 meals across the table from me, played cards with his sister and I for a few hours last night, and has had a long conversation about college, etc. with me today, and he STILL hasn't noticed! I'm wondering how long it will take

Anyone else ever make a significant change and the men in your life (or a non-male, for that matter) not notice? My dd says I should put on make-up with blue eye shadow on one eye and green on the other and see if the guys notice that!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  2:28:41 PM  Show Profile
LOL! I went out to get my hair cut one time and was upset that my husband didn't notice when I came home. Then just last month I told him on a Monday that I had two things going on that week so he'd need to be home for the baby. Knitting on Tuesday and haircut on Thursday. I came home from knitting on Tuesday and he said "oh! nice haircut!" I told him thanks, but he could save that til Thursday. Well...at least he tried! :)

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  2:36:20 PM  Show Profile
Once I cut my hair from below my waist to my shoulders and My father ( I 18 and lived at home at the time)who I had numerous conversations with didn't notice for a week. He only noticed after my Mom and I were talking about how I had been using much less shampoo. Men go figure.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  2:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Patti, I can so relate. The first time I had my gray covered, the dye was a bit darker than my original hair. My DH kept looking at me (my face???) throughout dinner, and never said a word. I later told his mother, who said, "That figures!"
Ann (who is always in a ponytail and is going to quit that covering up of gray)

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  2:59:06 PM  Show Profile
I always like to look at the glass half full and not half empty. If you had a man so critical that he clued in on everything that changed, that could be stressful. If a man does not notice changes right away, that means he is looking deeper than your surface!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  3:25:21 PM  Show Profile
Good point, jpbluesky!! Good point!

Catherine :)
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  6:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Usually if my DH does not comment it is because he does not care too. He's very attentive, but is smart enough to be quiet if he doesn't have an over flattering remark. So when he does 'notice' and comments I know he really likes it.
teddie
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  6:20:22 PM  Show Profile
My close friend and I years ago wore matching shirts out to dinner with our husbands and they never noticed. It was a test since we were sure they wouldn't. It was funny though..we were really amazed how the four of us could sit at a small round table for a couple hours and they never noticed something that obvious

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  6:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Jenny are you sure they never noticed you or where they trying not to embarras (sp) you. Like when two females wear the same dress to a party they either spend the whole night avoiding each other like the plauge or they hang out together to make it more obviouse and peopel are always afraid to comment incase it is an accident. Just curious did you too ask your husbands later what the other couple was wearing just curious.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Jul 21 2006 7:08:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  8:21:26 PM  Show Profile
Nope..they truly did not notice and when we told them we all got a big laugh out of it.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  10:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure that we all remember or are still obsessing about every little detail of our clothing, hair and makeup when in reality men don't really care about things like that. One of my favorite quotes goes something like people don't remember what you said only how you made them feel. I think that it also could be said that people also don't remember what you wore only how you made them feel.

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  07:02:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I didn't think it was a bad thing, necessarily, not about him or me. I just think it's funny how, as a general rule, men and women are so different. I'm sure they think we're strange alien creatures, and we think the same. It sure makes the world a more interesting place

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Light-hearted and doesn't fit anywhere really :) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page