ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  11:42:41 AM  Show Profile
I am looking for ponchos or shawls of any type, color, etc. We are planning to get pregnant with our second little one soon and I like to have ponchos and shawls to cover with while nursing, but don't really have the money to spend on buying a lot of them, I only have one and it would be nice to have several. So I'm hoping somebody out there might have some they no longer want or need.

I'm willing to trade material, scrapbooking supplies, or whatever else I might have that someone else is in need of.

Thanks!

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  11:45:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ashley! I have one, but I'm not willing to part with it yet! I'm not trying to tease though, really :), just wanted to see if you are a knitter. I knit up a quick poncho with big needles and thick yarn the week before my baby was born (mainly to have something to do since he was late!) and I love it - it WAS great for nursing. I'd be happy to email the pattern to you, just let me know!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  12:02:31 PM  Show Profile
I know how to knit, the basics anyway, I've never gotten more advanced than a simple scarf, but I'm willing to learn. Please do send me the pattern, my address is ashcordes@yahoo.com

Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  11:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ashley! Sorry that I haven't sent that pattern yet - I'll do it this evening! Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten!

Catherine :)
Go to Top of Page

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  07:05:32 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda,

I did get the shirts, I tried to e-mail you too, but it didn't go through. I LOVE the shirts, and can't wait for fall & winter to get here so I can wear them!

I go riding about once a week and am enjoying it so much. Bonding with the horse has been the best part. I'm starting to get my leg muscles built back up, and my confidence as well, so it's getting to be a great experience, it's definitely wonderful to have that one thing each week that is just for me.

Thanks Again Rhonda,
Ashley
Go to Top of Page

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  05:29:21 AM  Show Profile
Unfortunately no, I can't ride once I'm pregnant, I'm an insulin dependent diabetic on an insulin pump, so I'm already considered high risk. That doesn't mean I can't still spend time with the horses, except that my husband is a huge worry wart and probably won't let me for fear that "something" might happen. MEN!!!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanted: Ponchos & Shawls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page