kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  07:00:05 AM  Show Profile
Looks like today is the day. Hope all goes well and she's better than ever soon!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  07:58:13 AM  Show Profile
will be thinking of you today. hope it all goes well. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  08:08:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls...dropped Rose off today at the vet--she got a bath last night, and has new "clothes" as Violet calls her new collar :) Thanks for your good thoughts throughout the day--they said they will call us around 3:00, when she's waking up from her sedation.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  08:48:05 AM  Show Profile
I have her in my prayer circle and I know all will be well. Hugs to you all and know that we surround you all in love and light.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  10:57:35 AM  Show Profile
Well, waiting to talk with the doc. Seems that when they opened her up, there was no torn ACL, so he's thinking it's now disc related, and arthritis has settled into bulged discs, causing this on/off effect. We're trying steroids for the next two weeks and if that doesn't do anything, then he believes it's Canine Degenerative Myelopothy--which is incurable, and she will become paralyzed and we'll need to euthanize her in a matter of a year or so. So, the "who know's" to me are a little bit worse than the former diagnosis...continue thinking good thoughts for Rose and hope that it's a bulged disc that we can take steroids for whenever the pesky thing acts up, instead of the latter option...

Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  11:53:13 AM  Show Profile
Jonni,

Wow, what a blow!!! Did your vet do some DNA testing to determine CDM? It seems like quite a jump of assumptions to go from torn ACL to that. Be careful, do some research on CDM and maybe get a second opinion before you go too far with anything radical.

Hugs to all of you.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
A Beehive is the ultimate Home Sweet Home
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  11:58:13 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, it really is, Paula. I did do a little prelim searching on my own, and my good friend's daschund had CDM (he was 16) and it was just terrible to watch him those last months. His vet is a good friend of ours, and I've already contacted her for a bit of guidance--I'm just not sure I like the turn this took. I guess my thought, too, is, if you felt that there was something on the xray to do surgery, why isn't it there now?

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  1:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni!
I have not heard of CDM. Hopefully you can find a good vet to guide you.
Have you ever used the interns in Milford? They are wonderful. They are pricey, not horribly, but many times, if I had gone to them 1st, I could have saved mucho bucks.
My male dane, had a heart murmur at 2 that all other vets were giving me horrible reports on; the interns determined it was a functional murmur; he lived to 10 (all 220 lbs of him)
Then Willow got very sick, we did not know why, she was down & would not move. Maysville kept her 3 days, ran millions of tests, said she had a growth in her abdomen. I took to Milford; 30 minutes later, diagnosis: kidney infection, a $10 bottle of sulfa & done. The kidney in dogs floats & the other vets had me in a panic.
Anyway, they are my go to vets for anything odd.

Praying for your sweet snooted beauty...
Love..
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  3:28:45 PM  Show Profile
Jonni I hope and pray that Rose is going to be ok, every little girl and boy need a nanny. Our daughter had our Doberman as a nanny and they were so cute together. I say that having to make that hard decision about our furkids is the curse of loving them so much but I will continue to have them as the house is just not the same without them.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  09:32:02 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about Rose. I would do some research and maybe take her to a different vet with the xrays the other vet took. Thats a big change in diagonis. Good luck to you both.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Rose, ACL Surgery Update Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page