Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Check out this Kentucky Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Check out this Kentucky Home Next Topic  

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  9:38:48 PM  Show Profile
http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=ncfra006

it's to be auctioned off on the 29th of this month. Antiques to be auctioned off too.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  04:26:10 AM  Show Profile
Drool, drool! What a nice place.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  06:34:13 AM  Show Profile
Wow! It's gorgeous. I could have a lot of fun in that place!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  06:55:03 AM  Show Profile
All I can say is WOW! It is beautiful.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  08:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Wow! To die for and it's up for auction with all of the antiques to sell after the home!

I spent some time looking through this site, and I love it. So many homes all across the nation. I especially loved the Texas homes. The one's that had their histories were amazing. A site to search if you want the bed and breakfast in the perfect spot.

Here's the listings I loved in my state:

This is oldest home listed in Texas not to far away from Washington on the Brazos, the seat of Texas' first capital as a nation.

http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=scand002

This is a commerical piece of property in Calvert, Texas. Definitely worth reading. Calvert is between College Station and Waco on Hwy 6. I chuckled after reading this one. I've never stopped to explore Calvert's Main Street. I've always imagined a dirt road, horses tied in front of the buildings....I'm transported back in time to the late 1800's. This little Texas town so deserves a mentor to restore it to the time period.

http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=sccal005

Congrats to the Galveston Historical Foundation for saving this home! Built very typical of the time period with a center hallway through the entire house to allow for airflow in our hot humid upper Texas Coastal Climit before AC. What a treat to see the before and after pictures. Perfect for someone who would want a B&B in Galveston and continue the restoration. Even survived the Great Storm of 1900!

http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=scghf002

This next house is an example of what is happening to inter-city neighborhoods all over Houston. The poor are being bought out so individuals can live closer to work. Cute!

http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=schou004

What a find for a great B&B! Unbelievable picture when first constructed! A true turn of the century custom built home!

http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=sclad001

I love the homes of the northeast and I couldn't resist searching there. So here are three I viewed and fell in love with.

Of all the homes I've listed this one has to be the most interesting. A must visit site and read.

http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Nebri004

Ooooo.... I just love pre-revolutionary homes. Nuf-said!

http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Negri002

How my heart bleeds for this once majestic home. I put you in on the second page so you can see how I feel. Click at the bottom to find out a not so great write up. Can you see the wonderful gala society events during the summer!

http://www.historicproperties.com/necar001.htm

I have but to dream of the wonderful times spent in each of these and other homes like them. Legacies live on by those who came before us.

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  11:55:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kim,
yes that website does have tons of beautiful ptoperties listed all over the U.S.

I'd have wanted to jump all over the Kentucky home..if we were wanting to move to Kentucky..but alas..we are trying for Georgia though..

my in laws have just put their home up for sale in Ocala, FL and have been shopping in Thomasville, GA for a home or land to build on..so that's the area we all will wind up being in..and we all do like it very much..

now though to find reasonable commercial property and a home not too far from the commercial place..or..a piece of property with a large workshop/home combination close enough to town to be convenient for customers of a sign business.That's the challenge.But it will all work out as it should.

I would do it all tomorrow if I could to get out of the city..but we do have children and have to have an income coming in..if it was just the husband and I, we wouldn't fret so much about it and we'd probably just go for it..but..when there are 3 other mouths to feed..well you can't just jump into something without a good bit of planning involved.
And we'll need to have a bit of a buffer to carry us through for about a year to get a business up off the ground in a new area.

I keep thinking every day about what I'd love to have in a country home and on some land..chickens, mini sheep, a small pond for a pr. of swans, wildflowers growing, my roses planted and blooming...birds at the feeders at a kitchen window...peace and quiet..no boom box music blaring me awake at all hours of the night...no big jets flying over the house or testing their engines nearby....no yucky paper mill smell and worrying about how the paper mill pollution is affecting my husband's health/allergy problem...my husband not having to work in sick buildings daily ....lots of things.
But all in due time.:0)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  08:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Tina, you hit it straight on the head, why a farm girl loves the quiet of the country. I couldn't have said it better.

I'm such a history nut. I love beautiful old homes and courthouses. Texas has numerous beautiful courthouses. There was even a book written on the courthouses of Texas. My television channels are the History Channels, Discovery, Discover Times. Anything that has to do with history of our country. I wish our ranch had come with a beautiful old home. But I do have three pieces of history on the ranch. One is a 1958 Geographical Survey Marker. Well hidden and I eventually plan to put a cage over it to prevent someone from stealing it. It says at the point the marker is placed we are 545 feet above sea level. I laughed, and told my husband that the government has forgotten it is there. They can do all of those geographical survey's now from a computer hooked up to a satellite. The paper recording this marker is buried in some archive somewhere. The other is two sisterns to catch water as it came off the roofs of the house and then a barn further down the road. The one on the old house place has a date of 1918 on it. It will become the center place of a flower garden in the area we will be building guest houses for hunters.

I've booked marked the site so I can continue to look at the beautiful homes that are lovingly taken care of and those not so taken care of.

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  10:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Tina,
Wish you were looking for something in Wisconsin. We have a 8000 sq. ft. steel Commercial building for sale with a three bedroom home and large barn in a nice small town not to far from major highways and major cities. Good luck on your search you will find what is just right for you.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  04:46:39 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I share your love of history and beautiful old buildings. I love to tour old homes and historic places too.

I live in a farmhouse that was built in the early 1870's by a doctor who was given this land as a grant for his service in the Civil War. I've been here 23 years, but the other day I found something new. In the barn by the door, very faintly written in the cement is "DAD 1911."

It sort of cheered me up to think that someone's little message is still there and heard, almost a hundred years later.

Thanks for the links to the eye candy; it was fun to browse!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Check out this Kentucky Home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page