Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Kicking the pop habit is so hard !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Kicking the pop habit is so hard ! Next Topic
Page: of 2

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  09:05:54 AM  Show Profile
Brandy I had seen a soda maker advertised at Koles department store. I was kinda tossing that around in my head. Then I was wondering where do you get the cargonated tanks to make them.

I messed up and am still drinking one Jones cola a day. They have no corn syrup just cane sugar. I am so mad at myself. I have been keeping it to one a day and do feel better but my goal was to stay off completely. I will keep trying. Thanks everyone for the ideas.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  06:48:58 AM  Show Profile
Linda, you will get there! Just keep it up!!! sugar soda is way better than corn syrup soda!!! At least your body can process the sugar compared to what our bodies would have to do for corn syrup! At least you started :)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

Jodygirl27
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Jody
Melbourne FL
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  2:35:51 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wooliespinner

I have a pretty healthy diet for the most part. I eat organic when I can find it.Grind my own wheat and make most things from scratch. But I have been drinking coke all my life. I try to only drink 2 a day because of the calories. I am not able to drink diet drinks because the artifical sweetner makes me sick. The past year I started drinking Jones cola which is made with natural sugar but I know its still bad for me.

I have tried cutting back and staying at 2 but then I start drinking 3 or 4 day.Then I get on a kick and start cutting back again.I know its sounds crazy but I crave pop terribly. The rest of the time I drink ice green tea with stevia in it, some juice and water. I don't know why I can't just be happy with that. I don't know if its the sugar or the caffiene or both that I am addicted to and the carbonation.

So.....I have decided to stop drinking pop.I am down to 1 a day and have had a headache the past 2 days. I hope to stop by the middle of next week. Has anyone every had this problem getting off of pop? I can't believe how hard it is for me to stop. I have been praying that I will be sucessful this time...I don't want there to be a next time. I hate that something like pop has such a hold on me its crazy.

Any help or suggestions would be greaty appreciated.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  2:40:55 PM  Show Profile
I think I have finally kicked the habit, it has been a few weeks now and I find I do not miss it anymore. I put lemon and lime slice in my water and it is so refreshing, I drink mainly water, if I go out for dinner I will have a glass of water and ice tea.
Who would have thought after 25 years of drinking Diet Coke I could give it up and not miss it. Sure is better for my digestive system not to be drinking it anymore. It was almost as hard to give up te diet coke as it was to quit smoking 8 years ago.
Now for my weight.Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Jodygirl27
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Jody
Melbourne FL
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  2:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda. Wow, it was really kinda cool to hear you refer to the carbonated drink as "pop". I'm from Illinois and transplanted to Florida and down here they all refer to it as "soda", whatever its "pop". Anyhow, I was totally addicted to pop. Diet orange Crush was my favorite. But, a year ago I decided to also kick the habit. It was hard for sure, but I did it. Haven't had pop since June 2010. I tried initially to not have caffeine, but I developed a bad headache also that Tylenol don't fix. So, I went back to drinking coffee (which I buy green beans and roast myself) and the headache went away. Eventually the caffeine withdraw (headache) will subside, but takes a while. If you enjoy coffee or tea, have that in moderation and keep the headaches away, otherwise it will subside. Good for you with your goal to eat healthy and reduce your caloric intake by not having so much processed sugar and unhealthy stuff in your life.
Keep at it, Jody
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2011 :  12:35:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

I was going to suggest water kefir and komboucha as well. It's something that I am going to be learning how to make once I get moved into our new place. The link that was given has some great video tutorials on there too! In the meantime, there is yummy komboucha at the store. I've tried the cosmic cranberry and the gingerade. Veery delicious and fizzy! Nothing yucky in there.

As for the pop issue, yes...it's POP ;), there is a great video on YouTube about sugar that talks a lot about pop and why we are so addicted to it. It's a long, but highly informational video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I think that will help you wrap your mind around why you're so addicted. I used to be a coca-cola nut when I worked at McDonald's. But after I was married and pregnant with my first baby, I gave up caffeine. I was pretty sick, but now if I have a smidge of caffeine, I get an instant headache. So pop isn't as big an issue anymore, although I used to drink a&w root beer (no caffeine) to tide me over. I've finally kicked the habit, but it's taken a while.
Keep up the good work! I know it's tough, but your body will thank you.

~hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Kicking the pop habit is so hard ! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page