Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Any new babies yet? Expectant Mama's update..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Any new babies yet? Expectant Mama's update.. Next Topic  

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  10:41:42 AM  Show Profile
I was just wondering how all of the expectant Mamas are doing?
Everyone is near or at their due dates...right?

Let all us farmgirls know what's up.
How are you?
Any new arrivals yet?

Love to all
Kate

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  11:06:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm thinking about these babies all the time! Can't wait to hear the news!!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  1:11:28 PM  Show Profile
I figured there'd be a run on castor oil this weekend and we'd have lots of announcements this morning!

Best of luck to all the new mommies to be...I've been thinking about you too, particularly being pregnant in the heat of summer. I delivered one of mine on the 21 of August. Keep your feets up and keep well hydrated.

Di
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  1:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! My baby isn't due until December BUT I'll find out if its a girl or boy next monday July 24th! VERY EXCITING!! Rebekka Mae came over yesterday and she's due the end of October and looks absolutely fabulous! I definitely had a feet up kind of day yesterday.. too hot, too tired...
Let's hear more from you mamas!!!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  2:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Julia, what day in December? I'm the 17th and it's a pretty awesome day for a birthday, if I do say so myself. I highly recommend it!

There are TWO babies due in October in my family (sister and sister-in-law) so we're all giddy around here. With my little one, that will make three grandbabies for my parents in one year! Christmas will be nuts...

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  6:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, our #3 bonus round baby is due December 10th, which happens to be my eldest sister's birthday! We are very excited about that. I am pretty convinced we are having a girl.. I was right about the sex of my other 2 children but never said a word. This time I'm blabbing away and telling everyone just to see if my intuition is right. Boy/girl, absolutely doesn't matter in my book! Its all good!
have a wonderful evening,
Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  7:01:48 PM  Show Profile
Well - I'll be hitting the 38th week mark on Wednesday, but I am (according to the midwife) "measuring in at 40 weeks." I just absolutely can't wait!!!!!

Isn't it fun to have so many expectant mums out here! I feel in such good company!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  04:51:09 AM  Show Profile
There is nothing like new life..I love that new baby time, they smell so sweet, their hair is soft, I love tiny hands and feet..the itty bitty fingernails!
I am with Julia, boy or girl, pink, brown or black...it's all good (or in my baby Chloes case very yellow!) I have four daughters, and everyone asks me if I want to "try" for a boy...well, I would love a boy, but why wouldn't I want 10 more lovely ladies like the ones I love?!?!
And to think those perfect little people start from just two cells?
Isn't life amazing?
Savor all of the time you have with your babies, you blink and they are grown!
Love and light to you all
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  10:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Well none of the natural nudgers have worked this weekend so I am going to the doctor today and we are probably checking into the hospital tonight for some medical nudging. My doc wants to ripen me with cervadil then probably start pitocin in the am. My doula has assured me that we can still do natural childbirth and make sure they increase the pit only gradually instead of just slamming that baby out. Which I am all for. So I'll let everyone know when we get home.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  11:21:26 AM  Show Profile
Julie
Good luck, I will be thinking of you, and sendin good vibes your way!
Just think, by this time tomorrow, you will be holding your new baby!
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  11:24:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey, we have not heard from _Rebecca_ have we? Her due date was sometime last week, I think. How fun to hear about all these new little farmgirls and farmboys!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  12:33:34 PM  Show Profile
The grandma in me is getting excited for all these new babies to arrive. Keep us all updated.

I choose faith not fear.

Lotion bars, linen water & more in my online shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  5:43:46 PM  Show Profile
I didnt know there were so many expecting mama's ~~! Best wishes to you all~!
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  8:52:47 PM  Show Profile
All this new life is so exciting! May God watch over you all and your beautiful, wonderful works of art as well! Do keep us posted!

Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  04:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Okay here's what happened.

I didn't make myself clear earlier in that we were going in to take a physical challenge test for the baby, a side effect of which could be kick starting actual labor. This is where the baby goes through a "trial run" of labor with pitocin to see how he/she handles it. This also tests the viability of a placenta and cord in a past due situation. I am at two weeks past due.

We went in on Tuesday night to have my cervix ripened with Cervadil (can't eat or drink or pee for two hours). Then had a shot of morphine so that I could sleep. Well, it didn't help me sleep, it made me nauseous and have to throw up in the middle of the night. Didn't get to sleep until after 3am with pitocin starting at 6:30. Dozed in and out while they upped the pit. The contractions weren't really that strong and they got them to 3 minutes apart and held me there for 4 hours. No dilation, zip nada nothing. Meanwhile I am exhausted and starving from being up all night and emptying my stomach. My doctor said the only way that baby is coming out that day is a c-section, since I'm not dilating. He already had a scheduled surgery that day, so i would have had to wait longer. We decided that I would go home and rest up and we will go in on Friday to try one more time with the pitocin, and if it doesn't work have a c-section. So that's what's going on. Thanks for all the good vibes from everyone. I'll let you all know when we get home.
Julie
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  07:12:00 AM  Show Profile
Julie~
A C-section! Oh no!
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Is this your first child?
Rest while you can...I will be thinking of you.
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  12:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Kate,

this is my first baby. At this point, I am hoping the pitocin works, but I am accepting off the possibility of c-section. I've given it my best shot and waited longer than a lot of women would have. So I'll let you guys know when I get home.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  1:44:54 PM  Show Profile
Julie, With my first baby I was induced with cervical ripening what nots for 4 days!!! I absolutely refused a c-section since the baby was showing absolutely no signs of distress.. but I was watched very closely..never left the hospital. By the 5th day, I went into labor with pitocin too..I couldn't endure the pitocin induced labor for more than 6 hours, however, and had an epidural..Heaven!! I wanted to make out with the anesthesiologist, let me tell you!! My son was born several hours later without incident. Good luck.. I will keep you in the labor light......Here's to healthy happy mama and baby!
Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Any new babies yet? Expectant Mama's update.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page