Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  07:43:55 AM  Show Profile
Many of you know I have a benign brain tumour in my inner ear canal, which causes me constant tinnitus. I am going to treat myself to a reiki session this weekend, more so for stress relief, as stress makes the tinnitus worse. (I'm the gal who's never had a pedicure, manicure, massage, or any other kind of personal treat, other than a haircut!)

I know that reiki will not make the tumour go away, but if I can get some relief from the tinnitus, I am sure I will feel better overall.

I found a reiki master practitioner and we really hit it off when talking--she actually spent 1/2 an hour on the phone with me this week, just to talk.

Do any of you have any experiences with reiki?

Farmgirl Sister #183

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  08:07:34 AM  Show Profile
My daughter is a Reiki practitoner. She tried it on me only once for a sore back. It did feel better after she was done. I could actually feel the heat from her hands when she started and could tell when the force (or whatever) left her hands because I could feel the coolness come back. I don't know a lot about it though. Good luck. I'm anxious to hear how it turns out.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  11:26:52 AM  Show Profile
My SIL goes to a reiki practioner and swears by her. I have been thinking of trying it myself.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  5:43:21 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Reiki Master Teacher and do Reiki on myself daily. Everyone I've done sessions with have all reported feeling better, less stressed, more relaxed etc but no two people have had the exact same response. I think that is awesome that you found a practitioner that you already feel very comfortable with!! When I do a session, I use a light touch (some practitioners will hold their hands slightly above your body) unless the recipient has touch issues and let the energy guide where I place my hands. Usually I start at the top of the head and work down to the feet and come back up, stopping and holding my hands on different energy points on the body. I always explain what I will be doing and where I will place my hands before the session starts, answer any questions/concerns, clothes are on (except for shoes). If during a session I feel drawn to place my hands on an area that was not discussed prior to the start of the session I will ask first if it is ok to place my hands there. I generally do not talk during a session and I usually have a cd of Reiki music playing softly in the background (after checking with the recipient first, some people just like silence and that's fine) If there's anything specific you want to know I'll be glad to tell you anything that I can.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  7:17:11 PM  Show Profile
I knew a priest who did Reiki. As I understand it, a Reiki practitioner likes to do more than just one session to obtain the maximum benefit for the patient. This priest did mission work in Central America and visited aids patients in the hospital there. Sadly, the American Catholic bishops decided that Reiki was "mumbo-jumbo" (my words) so now priest aren't supposed to do it in the United States. I don't know about other countries. I've never tried it, but I've read about it, and I believe that it has benefits. There are some things that science can't really explain, but that doesn't mean they don't work.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  6:28:48 PM  Show Profile
It is always a good idea to consider multiple sessions (most practitioners are willing to give discounted pricing if you book ahead for so many sessions) one session it helpful but to keep the energy flowing it is useful to have at least weekly sessions with a practitioner. I highly recommend learning at least the basics to do yourself on a daily basis, and going to a practitioner as often as you can for a full session for the most benefit.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  9:18:00 PM  Show Profile
My son is a reiki practitioner. He has helped several people. I wish you good health.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Going to try Reiki Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page