Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  5:38:12 PM  Show Profile
I know i have seen posts from other WA state farmgirls on here. Curious where everyone is located and who is solo or involved in a chapter.

So far I am solo, been trying to get a group started here, live in Port Orchard. Curious where we all are! :)

psst! Did you see the sun? I think i saw my tomato plants smiling!

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu

Simple Seamstress
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Monti
Roy WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  12:08:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I not in a chapter. I've contacted some local chapters a few times with no response. I've thought about starting one of my own. If you do start one please let me know. Do you have any Young Cultivators or Farmerettes? I have 3 Young Cultivators.

Farmgirl Sister #2858

"No good deed goes unpunished."

Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  5:47:53 PM  Show Profile
Sadly no young cultivators here, daughter and all her friends are close to 20 now and no young kids in the neighborhood. Been trying to get a group started as well but folks seem to get so busy with life (understandable) and summer that nothing has happened. WOuld be fun!

FarmGirl#1737

Go to Top of Page

Mariebelle
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Marie
Clarkston WA
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  8:23:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm not in one either, i also have tried to contact one in Colton, WA-- no respons. I emailed Brian at MJF he is looking into it. I am not a "starter" so was hoping to find an active one, but none close enough to me here in Clarkston, WA. I might sign up for the sisterhood adn do my own thing?

Born in the wrong era...
Marie
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  10:19:53 PM  Show Profile
I was in a chapter a few years back but the person who organized it moved to Montana and then I'm not sure what happened. There are a lot of farmgirls in the Spokane-area but all of them seem to be west of town. I'm the only one I know of out here in Spokane Valley.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  11:28:13 AM  Show Profile
I am in Buckley. There was one in Puyallup. She was doing a great job, I am just so busy I couldn't be very supportive of the chapter. I don't know if it is still going or not as I haven't heard from her in some time.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  6:22:55 PM  Show Profile
I'm in Renton. I don't belong to a chapter either. There are several of them near me, and not one of them has bothered to reply to any of the three emails I sent asking for information. So, I've just gotten active with Mail Art, ATC's and other swaps on the forum. Am also working on earning badges for tatting, beekeeping, and organic gardening.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Mariebelle
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Marie
Clarkston WA
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  07:45:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm clueless-- i've seen several entries now with the acronym ATC and I dont know what that is.

Born in the wrong era...
Marie
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  08:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Marie, ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. There is a thread in the swaps forum about what they are, but you might have to scroll to the 2nd or 3rd page of topics to find it.

Marilyn

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Simple Seamstress
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Monti
Roy WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  4:51:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marilyn,

I love making ATC's!! Let me know if you, or anyone else would like to do a little swap.

Monti

Farmgirl Sister #2858

"No good deed goes unpunished."

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  7:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Monti there are frequent ATC swaps on MJF. Check out the Farmgirl Swap forum to see what's happening. I know there is an ATC jam open now. You can also start your own swap if you like! There are lots of crafters here so you'll fit right in! I would love to swap an ATC with you some time!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

Sheepless in Seattle
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Paula
Everett WA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  12:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi gals, I'm in Everett and the nearest chapter I could find that would respond is in Arlington. I think I might be able to meet some of them in a couple of weeks. But, like you I e-mailed several groups with no response. I think Mary Janes Farm is trying to clean up the books on the chapter listings to see who is really active and who isn't. Big job. But otherwise, I'm working on my own. I just got the "Getting it Together" badge and just submitted the Button Up stuff for a badge. It's fun anyways!
Paula
Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  09:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Yup, like you all i have been on my own and have gotten the info to start a chapter but have not had any local interest yet... so still waiting and open! :) Until then, i am a solo farmgirl!

FarmGirl#1737

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  11:14:54 AM  Show Profile
I am getting started on my chapter here. I started a page on Yahoo groups. I contacted MJF to start the chapter here, and to let them know that my old Idaho chapter was defunt. The new chapter is updatd, but the old is still there. It is likely that they are either defunct, or not taking new members.
quote:
Originally posted by edlund33

I'm in Renton. I don't belong to a chapter either. There are several of them near me, and not one of them has bothered to reply to any of the three emails I sent asking for information. So, I've just gotten active with Mail Art, ATC's and other swaps on the forum. Am also working on earning badges for tatting, beekeeping, and organic gardening.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  11:16:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh, and Howdy, neighbors, and I also would be down for an ATC swap.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Seamstress
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Monti
Roy WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  12:39:35 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by one_dog_per_acre

Oh, and Howdy, neighbors, and I also would be down for an ATC swap.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!

I sent you an email!

Farmgirl #2858

Keep Calm and Carry On
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  1:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Monti and I are swapping. Email if you would like to join.
quote:
Originally posted by edlund33

Monti there are frequent ATC swaps on MJF. Check out the Farmgirl Swap forum to see what's happening. I know there is an ATC jam open now. You can also start your own swap if you like! There are lots of crafters here so you'll fit right in! I would love to swap an ATC with you some time!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  5:22:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, I'm in Yakima and we had a chapter before I started taking in foster babies. I have been contacted a few times by women wanting to join up but we really have nothing planned. It's a great place for a group because so many of us could get together and share. We make bread, kefir, soap and cheese... We keep bees and sheep, goats and chickens...there's so many possibilities! We need a new leader. I am just too busy but willing to participate.

Dalyn

http://www.etsy.com/shop/intherawsoap
Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap
Miniature Nubians, Nubians, & Nigerian Dwarf Goats
http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  5:46:49 PM  Show Profile
I emailed you Trish!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  1:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi WA state farmgirls! I am in Olympia and would like to find a Chapter locally. Are there other farmgirls in the Olympia/Thurston County area? Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks!!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  12:37:53 PM  Show Profile
bumping!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LindaLou
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

7 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  3:37:18 PM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

LindaLou
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

7 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  3:42:11 PM  Show Profile
Well this is the first post I have made. I signed up last month I am Farm girl #3978.
I live in the Snohomish area. I thought about joining the one in Arlington but I have been so busy these past few weeks that I haven't done any thing about it.
I saw the post that you all had out their so I figured I would reply. Not sure what I am doing but will catch on in time.
LindaLou
Go to Top of Page

smalldollys
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Suzanne
Yakima Valley Wa.
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  5:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies.... I am from the Lower Yakima Valley, I am also flying single at the moment, I've gotten invites to the Moses Lake group... but unable to attend any of their luncheons yet... I work. I am planning to get my family (Mom & Daughter) together on the Glamping Weekend for a Glamp out in Spokane. We plan to check out the Farm Chicks.

Farm Sister #3438
Sister on the Fly #2123
Elf Advice: Accept your path, with it's many twists & turns, for the adventure is in the journey, not the arriving... Faerie Advice #2
Etsy Shoppe: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BunkhouseBoutique
Etsy Shoppe: http://www.etsy.com/people/smalldollys
Suzy's Blog: http://smalldollys.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sheepless in Seattle
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Paula
Everett WA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  5:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi LindaLou from Snohomish - I'm in Everett, not far from you. I do belong to the Arlington chapter, though they meet in fits and starts and my schedule doesn't often line up. But I know they are working on getting to be more regular and they are a great group of ladies. I think the next thing they are working on is a Quilt Show Hop and I think that's in May. I've been a Farmgirl for one year this month and I can't believe how much I've learned! Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  3:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I'm in Snohomish - LindaLou, you're my neighbor!

I actually am a member of the Puyallup group, but that is a bit far to travel for me and I'm thinking of switching or starting my own.

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

http://achickenwithherheadcutoff.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic WA state farmgirls Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page