Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Bubbles...and other entertainment ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Bubbles...and other entertainment ideas Next Topic  

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  05:27:04 AM  Show Profile
I brought out some bubble solution the other day for my 4 month old...she LOVES them, tries to follow them with her eyes...I know I loved bubbles as an older child, too, so I think this is a great activity for keeping the kiddos entertained!

What other summer activities are easy/free that you do?

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  06:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Megan- do you have a water toy for her? Nora loved to sit and splash in water at that time and we even had a toy that we filled with water and she could lay on her tummy and smack at frogs and lilly pads. (Check out Wal-Mart I think that is where we got hers). At four months old they are interested in textures and colors so anything that brings that is good. One thing you could do is sew little bean bags out of different materials like silk, velvet, etc. Then give them to her so she can explore the different patterns and textures. Nora also really liked going for long walks outside and playing with blocks at that age.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  04:40:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah. Annnabelle and I love walks...the water toy I have to find! She loves her baths, and the pool (When we go to a friends place that has one) so I'm sure she'd love that water toy. Thank you for the tip!!!!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  6:54:00 PM  Show Profile
My kids love "nature walks" around the yard. My son loves to pick up sticks and touch and turn them all over and check it out. My daughter loves pine cones. She calls them "cone"! We stop to touch different leaves, look at bugs, smell flowers, pick up rocks, touch the grass. All free and just in the backyard!

We don't have blacktop or concrete driveway otherwise I would do chalk. Now that it is finally warm out I let the kids play in their pool for a while. That tires them out like crazy, they thought it was a blast, its like bathtime but outside and mommy doesn't have to wash our hair! haha

My son got a kick out of it when I took a plastic soda bottle and put a few rocks and sticks in it. He had fun rolling it, shaking it watching the things tumble around inside. Again, free stuff! When he was done I dumped the stuff out and put the bottle back in the recycle bin (without the cap on though!)

That is all I can think about right now, I have to get to bed. I can't think anymore. Oh, for some reason while teething or not my kids love to chew on wet washcloths. Still wondering about that :)

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Bubbles...and other entertainment ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page