Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Cookies with MJF Budget Mix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Cookies with MJF Budget Mix Next Topic  

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  04:44:52 AM  Show Profile
I've used the budget mix with waffles in the past, but I've got a horrible sweet tooth. My sweet tooth has a specific weakness. Peanut butter and chocolate, together. When I saw the recipe on the box of BudgetMix for PB & Chocolate cookies, I just had to try it. I modified the recipe by using crisco instead of butter, (I had no butter in the house-trajedy!) and I about died when those cookies came out of the oven.

You see, I have a "secret" chocolate chip cookie recipe that everyone begs the recipe for. I kid you not. There are two secret ingredients in those cookies that make them outstanding.

But I think MJF has them figured out, because those cookies had the same texture and chew. They were soft and pillowy on the inside, and had a wonderful, light crunch on the outside. They were divine. Not to mention how easy they were! I made the cookies in about 8 minutes, and baked for about 12. 20 minutes to a plate full off cookies that hardly lasted the night, and got rave reviews from everyone! I WILL be making those again! Another great use for the BudgetMix!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  06:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Most definitly!! They are so good!

Have you tried any of their other mixes yet, Megan? We LOVE the MJF Cornbread mix! It makes perfect cornbread every time! Dense but light if that makes sense? So many times cornbread mixes make cornbread that more resembles a brick than bread. MJF has gotten the texture perfect!! It has substance to it but rises nicely and has that "Welcome home" taste of good cornbread! Yumm!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  07:41:22 AM  Show Profile
These all sound so good!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  9:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Yum !!! Gonna have to try those recipes.
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  10:17:43 PM  Show Profile
yum!

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

LightGreenThumb
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Elizabeth
Spokane WA
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  10:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait to try those cookies, they sound wonderful. My budget mix just shipped today. Should be on my doorstep soon....

Elizabeth <><
Farmgirl #3091

Simplicity is Beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  02:42:41 AM  Show Profile
You MUST try them! They are awesome. And the mix is so forgiving; I hardly measured a thing!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Cookies with MJF Budget Mix Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page