Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Pesto fry bread review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Pesto fry bread review Next Topic  

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  04:40:10 AM  Show Profile
I tried the frybread the other night. I wasn't really sure as to what to expect from it, really. The only reason I got it was because I like pesto. I was pleasantly surprised! The bread gets crunchy on the outside, but soft in the inside. I believe I cooked it too long, as it was sorta spongy, but it was good. The aroma when I made the batter was wonderful, and it smelled great when cooking. But the best part, to me, was the fact that I didn't have to use ANY OIL in the pan AT ALL! And it didn't stick to the pan! I thought that was AWESOME! I stored the leftovers in the fridge and they still were great a few days later.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  06:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love the Pesto Frybread! It does sound like you might have overcooked it as mine has never come out spongy, but the flavor is really nice! We really like to have it as a side dish with a lot of our meals. It's really diverse and goes well with a lot of differnet flavors. I have to watch how often I make it because I could definitly have more than my fair share! ;)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  02:52:58 AM  Show Profile
I KNOW. It's so good! My husband doesn't like things undercooked, so, I always try to "toast" things a little more for him. I'll have to cook less next time. Also, I think I may just make it in one big thing next time like on the package and just slice it up after the fact. :)

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  04:33:47 AM  Show Profile
I think it is good too, but have had it come out spongy. I wondered if it is because of the difference in altitude. Everyone out west seems to have better luck! But it is yummy.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Pesto fry bread review Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page