Lindsay C
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Lindsay
Rogersville AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  08:17:56 AM  Show Profile
I made the avocado ice cream recipe from the current Mary Jane's Farm last night. The taste is delicious, and with only four ingredients I know it's so much healthier than the stuff from the store. Plus, I've never seen avocado ice cream anywhere. It has a very unique flavor. The lemon makes it tart but the avocado keeps it very smooth.

My only issue was that the texture was a little too "icy" for me. I froze it in the freezer as the recipe suggested. But I'm wondering if it would've worked in an ice cream maker. I'm thinking that would've improved the texture somewhat. I'm pretty sure it's something I've messed up, not a recipe problem! Anyhow, just wondering if anyone else has tried it? And if you guys think it would also work in an ice cream maker. It's so yummy, I hate to waste a batch experimenting!

Lindsay
Farmgirl Sister #1452

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  12:49:58 PM  Show Profile
am planning on trying this as well, daughter and i ordered a NINJA blender for the trailer when camping and they showed ice cream being made with this. The ice cream may be our first item made... while camping! :)

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

Lindsay C
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Lindsay
Rogersville AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  1:16:53 PM  Show Profile
It would be really good outside on a hot day. Very refreshing! I recommend topping it with fresh raspberries.

Lindsay
Farmgirl Sister #1452
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  12:43:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm wondering if it will be more of a gelato type texture? I was absolutely THRILLED when I saw that recipe! What could a pregnant lady want more than avocado and ice cream on a hot summer day? Oh my goodness! I get my "mufa" AND my sweet cravings all fixed in one dish! I just love the recipes MaryJane has in her magazine! I bet it would be great with fresh raspberries! Since there is lemon in it I wonder if blueberries would go well with it too?

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Avocado Ice Cream Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page