Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  6:31:17 PM  Show Profile
I know I haven't been around as much lately...I am going through a divorce and have been rather busy with all that goes with all that. I am doing my best to be upbeat and not let it all effect the kids any more than of course it has to but just wanted to say how wonderful it is to come here and read all your posts sometimes. Even when I don't post myself I am thinking of you all. This is a very very special place!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  7:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I'm so sorry to hear this. You are at the right place for sure. We all have big shoulders. Just let it all out. I sure will be thinking f you and saying a prayer or two to get you through this.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  7:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Jenny you are at a rough time in your life right now, I was married 25 years and than divorced. It's hard but you'll make it through. Every situation is different, but try to look at it as a new stage in your life and new experiences. My children were grown and had their own family, but it is hard for them all no matter what age. Know that you have alot of sisters here to listen and help in whatever way they can. I'll be praying for you to get through this as well as possible and please don't find fault in who you are. Things happen that we never planned for, but you are a wonderful lady and loved by many. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  8:13:49 PM  Show Profile
Sending you cyber hugs tonight and hoping this is behind you very soon. Still hoping to meet you in Wyoming on June 30th if you can swing it.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  8:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I'm sorry that your life is in chaos right now. The only positive thing about a divorce is when its over with. It's just good to hear from you and I hope that these rough times are behind you soon. Love and hugs!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  9:12:46 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Jenny. I'm also glad you have this wonderful group of farmgirls to lean on. I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  10:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny- I am sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult time in your life. I hope for the best for you and the kids! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  11:37:13 PM  Show Profile
You gals are so sweet. This has been going on awhile...3 months separation after quite some time of being close to that. Things are alot calmer now and hopefully by the end of summer will be all settled up and calmer still. The kids are with me and we are staying in our home and that isn't changing. My grown kids in Calif have been wonderful about calling, my other family (all out of the area) and in laws as well have been very supportive. I am very lucky to have friends I can count on. Sometimes being in a small town is harder because everyone knows your business...or thinks they do..but other times it is like a big hug...they know your business and look out for you. Mostly my experience has been like that. This isn't my first divorce but sure not what I had planned to do in my 50's, thats for sure. But...it will all work out.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  12:56:16 PM  Show Profile
Jenny - Been there, done that - twice, and have the tee shirt. Sending huge farmgirl hugs and prayers to you and your children. Know that this farmgirl friend is standing right there beside you in prayer.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  1:02:53 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, sorry to hear this, but I can see from your last post that its some relief to you. I know you and the kids will be fine. Its always a sad thing, but sometimes you just grow apart for whatever reason and it can't be fixed. Glad you are keeping your home because you have made such a perfect palce for your kids to grow up.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  2:22:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jenny, I'm giving you big hugs and holding on to you tight. Been there. So glad you are not making any major changes, like moving to a new place, etc. Does anyone ever plan for their 50s..(I sure didn't). There is an old saying that if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
So sorry this is happening in your life just now. You will get through this and we are all here to help. Prayin' for you all. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  2:28:14 PM  Show Profile
Take your time and re-group! Enjoy your 50's.

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  7:07:14 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time. I know how hard it is (twice for me too), but from knowing you through the farmgirls for the last few years I know what a strong and loving person you are. You can pick up the pieces and rebuild the life YOU want. You will always have your farmgirl friends to help you through. Stay strong...
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  06:21:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jenny I am so sorry to hear about this. But it sounds like it is right for you. You will weather this----go hug Mona---she will calm you. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  12:20:04 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, I am so sorry for what you're going through--I've been there myself, and I remember "all that goes with it". Just remember, the sun does come up one day, and you'll be able to "see" it. The only advice I can give is to let yourself grieve how you can, when you can. Your children love you, and after all you've been to them, they'll offer you much needed comfort and strength during this time. Holler if you need ANYTHING. I think of you each and every time I look at those beautiful embroidered towels (farm produce and a ham hock) that I bought a few years back. Still "too good" to use, they're on display in the kitchen

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  7:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, my thoughts are with you. I'm so very sorry that you're having to go through this. Know that you have a whole bunch of farmgirls here wanting to wrap you up in a big hug.

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  03:10:42 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry, Jenny.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  04:38:30 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, I am glad you are sharing this with us. As I read your blog and your daily posts, it feels as if you are doing pretty good and seeing the bright side of things as much as possible in your home life. I hope it gets a little better each day. And that your health stays good too. Praying for you, as if you were an old friend, which you are. Even if we have never met!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  10:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Hugs of support, may each day get better for you.

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  10:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am divorced once, and my current DH and I almost divorced last year. It's a very hard, chaotic, uncertain situation to be in. You're absolutely right about the sisters here, being an encouragement even when you yourself, are not posting. They got me through the toughest patches of my life, unbeknownst to them! Tons of hugs going out to you, and your kids.

*side note, my great aunt said something sadly funny about my divorce, she said "this was the most amazing diet I havr ever seen. You lost 178 lbs of dead weight in a matter of days!!"
Take care, and know we are all here for you.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

lorraine
salt point ny
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  07:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny,
I am so sorry for what you are going through. you are a strong farm girl! when you fall down you need to pick your self up and dust your self off and move on. it does hurt, but it would hurt you more to stay in a relation ship that you are not happy with.
I am sure lots of us on here have been through it, but you will make it through! I have been there my self and it is hard, but lucky for us women we are stronger than any man! we can make it through any thing, and if it does not kill you it will make you stronger.
good luck with all of what you are going through.
chin up!

LorraineMichelle
Farmgirl #3007

Chickens are like potato chips...
You can't have just one!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Going through some stuff Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page