Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Natural relief for gassy babies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Natural relief for gassy babies Next Topic  

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  07:48:36 AM  Show Profile
SO, my baby gets gassy. She doesn't get "coliky" by any means, but she will get crabby and gassy. Beyond the knee-bouncing and tummy massage, I've found that by drinking a cup of dill tea and then breastfeeding, I give her some gas relief. :) I need to buy some seed in bulk, cause those little containers are expensive!!!!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  3:43:16 PM  Show Profile
have you tried chamomile?

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  5:07:13 PM  Show Profile
I sure haven't! Just the tea?

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  5:39:26 PM  Show Profile
Try some gripe water drops for her.
You can get them almost anywhere ... Baby Bliss is a good name brand.
Tammyb
sisterchick #541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  5:56:19 PM  Show Profile
kathi keville is a herblist that I use her books and formulas..she has one called peter rabbits tea..she uses chamomile, lemon balm,catnip and fennel or dill seeds.. So ur on right track..how old is baby? I think ur breast feeding? Baby latching ok..sounds like sucking air. My grand daughter was having that happening.. Boy did she toot toot...sound like a grown man. She would get this look on her face of total contentment.. Well she landed up not being able to breat feed.switched to formula and had trouble with that. The had to put her on a special formula. Can't remember at moment..but it helped.. If you have fennel try that too. Yes just a chamomile tea bag......it relaxes and helps you rest. Take care....paula

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  3:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Paula, I AM breastfeeding. I had my latch checked and it was fine. :( I'm going back to my doctor on June 1st for her checkup, so I'm going to follow up with him. We've gone through almost a whole bottle of gripe water in the last week (probably a quarter left) so that's about 3 doses a day. It says you can do 6 a day, but I shouldn't HAVE to. I've found the best position for gas relief is putting her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes. My shoulder goes right to her tummy and I get REALLY good results with that.

Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  5:57:11 PM  Show Profile
candy..lol. i can picture that.. thats how i carried mine. now my daughter carries her daughter too.. to funny..granddaughter takes after my daughter. to gassy girls.. dont let them go off at same time. the can clear a room..hehe....paula

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  6:23:01 PM  Show Profile
You know what I think it is? She's teething. I see a little white spot on her bottom gum right where a tooth would come in! It makes perfect sense. Poor dear!

Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  12:25:41 PM  Show Profile
I got some sort of gripe water remedy that had a lot of dill. It smelled like pickles and ds loved it. It also really helped.
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Natural relief for gassy babies Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page