True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  7:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

I know there are several people on here that are sensitive to chemicals. I used to be with a particular allergy and then have had it basically under control for years. Though I still definitly prefer natural and organic over chemicals.

But now after my surgery I have noticed a huge increase in how sensitive I am to chemicals in my foods. I can taste the chemicals in preservatives and food dyes. YUCK!

I am super lucky that I have a sizeable stash of MJF food so I am good- but I was thinking maybe it would be good to have a discussion about chemical sensitivity here on the forum.

I for one can not stand red food dye at all any more. It is bitter and the chemical taste feels like battery acid on my tongue. My husband brought me some ice cream as a treat but accidentally picked up the Splenda version and it made my whole mouth go numb like I had been given novacaine shots- until the battery acid burn and metalic taste started up. Yuck yuck yuck.

What foods do you avoid? What foods are okay? Do you find that certain organic brands still trip the "chemical" trigger or does the organic label pretty much protect you from that?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  8:59:10 PM  Show Profile
I think that having tonsils and adnoids removed does this to a lot of people. I was already chemical sensitive (so much in fact, my mom became chemical sensitive just being pregnant with me!) but after having tonsils and adnoids removed it was even worse, I will say it has gotten a little better, but took about 10 years after the tonsils were removed. Any way.......I really can't do much at all. For instance they have banquet meals on sale a lot here and sometimes I'm so tired I wish I could just buy one, but I know I will have a blinding (literally) headache, nausea from just one! I can't even eat IHOP they have added some new chem to their pancakes that made me sick for nearly a week. Totally out of commission sick! Mainly I have to eat at home, if I eat out I try to go to the local places that are all organic, and chemical free, like say Chipotle's I think is maybe one of the few across country ones I can go to. I just have to be really really careful. I also notice it builds up in me. The IHOP reaction started about 2 years ago with a slight dull headache, I let it go, and would still go back every few months. Till the last time last year when it knocked me on my bum for a week-dizzy, blind, migrain, etc etc. UHG. So don't let those slight dull kind of foggy head head aches go unnoticed, document where you ate before that came on, and try to avoid it, cause the build up is a doozy!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on May 25 2011 9:00:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  9:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for commenting, Heather! I am glad you mentioned the build up! I kindof am thinking that is what is dragging me down this week more so than the surgery- actually! I am glad I am not imagining it. I have had "caffiene" headaches this whole week- but the funny thing is- I haven't had caffiene for a week and a half so I knew it had to be some other somethign affecting me. Of course I did try the normal "recovery" route with jello and such- yuck. I don't think I can eat Jello any more. The food coloring tastes like battery acid. Yuck....

Hmm- I think I am going to go drink more water and look into detox stuff. I think my eyes are about to cross from this headache but I don't want to take more pain medicine with this sensitivity already aggravated.

I hope Sherry comments here- I know she is pretty sensitive to chemicals and things.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  11:33:49 PM  Show Profile
The older I get the more sensitive I get. Absolutely NO perfumes, can even be around other people who wear colognes because my face starts itching. I can do essential oils no problem.

Any cigarette smoke or even the residue... chest gets tight and it start itching. This makes going into patient's homes on aid calls a little tricky for me!

Diesel fumes give me an instant headache.

I don't use many chemicals in our home at all. Clean with vinegar, peroxide and baking soda. make our laundry soap.

I am working on the diet things. I am tracking what upsets my stomach, it's not easy though!

The world is so full of chemicals, it's harder and harder to stay away from them!

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  07:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Angie- My mom was the same way with perfumes for a long time. A sniff of a perfume could give her a migraine that would have her down for hours if not days. It was really bad!

I am going to discuss the new chemical sensitivity with the surgeon today. I don't mind it actually. I am pleased that now I can tell my husband "We have to buy organic! Everything else makes me sick!" hehehe! Hey! I'll take it! It will be the easiest way to get him fully on board!

But having a chemical sensitivity does make day to day life a bit harder when you have to take into consideration all the other people we run into day to day.

Angie- have you found wearing a mask or anything helps when you do the aid calls to the smoker's houses?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  07:06:30 AM  Show Profile
I can totally taste the preservatives in store bought breads. I LOVE pasta-roni and rice-a-roni, but the salt levels are just toxic! The less you eat of it the more you can tell when you go back I think. I 'splurge' with a coke every once in a while, but I know I'm going to have flatulence the rest of the day because of it. (sorry if that's TMI!lol!) So many things I'm sensitive too now, and I totaly grew up on convenience foods. Just goes to show you that it's never too late to get healthy. :)

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com
http://farmmade.com/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=9&p=catalog&mode=vendor&vid=66

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  07:54:13 AM  Show Profile
goodmorning girls, this discussion is right with my life style. i was diagnosed with porphyria about 18 yrs. ago. i had been in medical field for yrs. so i can understand some tech. stuff. in 10 seconds whatever is in the air is in your body through the eyeball and olfactory nerve. masks only work for particulates. to remove air borne chemicals it has to be a charcoal filter. even the mask its self can be toxic. chemical injury information network is a reliable site for info. our personal care products are a real challenge including lotions and makeup. it is called a chemical load. i am sad to hear any one else is struggling with this. i need to go milk right now. i will post more info and web sites later. i can help you understand the metabolic part of this challenge. i will come in this afternoon. it can get worse from continued exposure. it is destroying flesh enzymes that cany be supplemented back in. many of the signs are the same for fibro. many diagnosed with fibro have chemical sensitivity to some degree. the pains and symptoms are similar. usually nerve type symptoms.....headache nausea muscle aches. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  07:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sarah- I can only imagine! It's amazing how just a week has really brought some things into focus. I mean we don't really buy a lot of processed foods but now I just am shuddering thinking about them and just in time for my next shopping trip! There are a lot of little things that I guess I haven't thought twice about before and now I am looking at everything with new eyes!

In some ways it IS distressing because I had thought we were doing so good before. Now I feel like I am just starting the journey. But it is also the perfect time. Nora is only 4 and still has the chance to learn to avoid preservatives and really enjoy the whole foods. I'll let you all know how my shopping trip goes this week when I get done tomorrow!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  10:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The doctor did tell me that my new taste sensitivity is pretty common and it might take a while for it to go away. He made the same observation "It's all bad- preservatives and such aren't that great for you" so I admitted that I was actually pretty thrilled because now I have a clear logical reason to present to my husband as to why we have to go all organic. Annnd...if we stop eating chemical stuff then we won't have any idea when the taste buds aren't so sensitive about it any more! ;)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  11:26:56 AM  Show Profile
alee, i am happy to hear your dr. is so supportive. that makes a huge difference for us. i go tomorrow to seee mine again. i got hit byout by round up 3 days ago. so sicky today. took the easy way with chores. i am so proud to be part of a group of woman who are questioning todays way of doing things. the movies that are very helpful. food inc. etc. is food they sell really food anymore. looks like food smells like food but is it. food matters talks of this. how its grown harvested shipped nuked sprayed. most food is irradiated now. to have the farmgirl mind and feed real foods and have safe homes is the future. at least thats what i think. i know alee has great ideas for natural products etc. may i say the meat glue article just about did me in. so gross. thanks for starting this thread alee. i hope it lasts awhile and we can learn some new stuff. learning as i go here happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  11:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherry- I am so glad that you have joined the discussion!! You are a huge resource and while I just ache for you that you have had to suffer with this for so long- I plan on mining your for information when I need it! ;)

Yes I definitly think that using natural cleaning solutions is much better for us. I can't wait until we can get into our own house. I am really going to campaign for hard wood and tile floors. Another huge source of pollutants is the outgassing carpet, upholstery and fake furniture that we stuff our houses with.

I hadn't really thought about it- but after surgery I automatically came home and opened windows. Temperatures were often getting down in the 50's in the house but I had to have the window open. I bet my subconscious detected outgassing nasties in the air and needed the fresh air. Hmmm... I hadn't really thought about that much but I am so glad that sometimes the things we do for "no reason" really do have a very valid reason!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  10:13:23 PM  Show Profile
My house is chemical free too.

Thankfully just today I went to lunch with my dad and sister. We usually do go to "local" places to eat rather then fast food chains. Things like Great Harvest Bread company and such. Any way, we were about to go all the way to town cause my dad had wanted to go to the grocery store any way, and we had decided to go to a local health food (all organic/natural) pizza place (has things like salmon artichoke pizza and the like). When we passed a new place that is set back from the road and kind of unassuming and my sister said you know I've been wanting to try that place for a while and I remembered I had too. So we said ok new plan let's go there. I am soooooo glad we did. All organic, and gluten free, and really really good food too. We had gluten free organic roasted turkey quiche, and a pasta salad, but the tofu salad was awesome (I asked for a sample). They have a lot of great things on the menu, now I am regretting not asking for a sample of the coconut thia curry chicken soup. Any way I am so glad to finally have a "good" place that I don't even have to go to "town" to go to! It's literally down the street from me, and we only have pizza hut, subway, and one other family owned restaurant in the town we live in. We usually go to the "big city" that is about 10 minutes from where we live. And we felt good when we left, not like crud. My sister and I both commented on that as we left. We are both kind of chemical sensitive, which ironically was our conversation before going in! lol

I just bought some candles tonight for storms (I live pretty close to the bad storms going on here in Kansas/mo and we are still with out internet at home because of such! UHG) any way, that's another thing I can't handle is "cheap" candles, I can only do the home made natural types from like say the Amish. One of my other chemical sensitive friends said it partly has to do with the wick, I am glad she told me that, after she told me that it clicked that it was the wick. (some burn really really badly and give off this gas like stuff that gives me a horrible headache!).

As for the Jell-O me too! I want to try Mary Jane's Chill over.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  05:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- MaryJane's ChillOver is FANTASTIC! That reminds me that I am out and need to order some more! It honestly does not give a taste to the food- just a very reliable gelling action. MaryJane gave me a really great tip when I started using it. Have a salt or pepper shaker and put your measured amount of ChillOver in that and then shake over the liquid. If you shake it over rather than just dumping it in, you have a better result! :)

And that Pizza place sounds great! I am so glad you found a restraunt that you like and that you can eat at! Yesterday I stopped at the Billings Co-op which has a lunch counter. It was so great knowing that anything I got from there wasn't going to make me feel gross.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  5:39:26 PM  Show Profile
My daughter is sensitive to everything under the sun including hot or cold weather if the wind blows she gets hives. Her food list is ever changing because companies are always changing thier products. We read every label every time. We have to go with the purest form of all foods and eating out is something that doesnt happen very often. My son and I cant have any kind of fake sugar after the first drop of fake sugar we get migraines and I am totally sensitive to any form of MSG which can actually have 100 different names. I can taste it in food with the first bite and will have a reaction within minutes. As for purfumes my throat closes up at any smell of it. I have found that I can use soy candles and it doesnt bother me. What about dryer sheets I cant even handle the nieghbor useing them. Read labels and educate yourself. The MSG taste is that really salty taste you taste in processed food. Maybe if enough people complain nicely to the companies they will listen and leave the chemicals out.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  8:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Mari-lyn- Wow! My heart goes out to you. Your life sounds like a constant struggle! It's very frustrating when people just think that someone with sensitivities is just being silly or over dramatic. They don't understand how deeply it affects us. Have you and your daughter always had sensitivities or is this something that has gotten worse over time?

This whole situation really feels like full circle for me. I used to be so sensitive to chemicals as a kid and now it has come back. I guess I am lucky because this was my reality for the first 15 years of life but I can't imagine being dropped into this lifestyle at 28 with no warning.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  10:51:38 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I have found that out about food companies too. We have had to change brands of butter 4 times since being married cause of the brand changing their "recipe", and therefor us not being able to eat it any more! (my husband is chem sensitive too, ironically did not become chem sensitive till our honey moon 6 months into our marriage.....UHG! I blame all the chems in his mothers home she really over uses them, I think they burned out his adrenals but that's another story).

You are right about the soy candles they are the only ones I can use too, but with a certain wick, I have to watch the kind of wick, I know my friend had the right name for the two kinds of wicks, I can't think of the names of them, I just know them by sight!

I am glad you can eat at the co-op. I don't like to eat out all the time, but sometimes you have no other choice, except for starve! And sometimes I do like to treat myself and not cook! So it's so nice when I can find a place I can eat at! Glad you have one. Cause it's hard to find them.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  10:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
If anyone can remember the type of wick I would be greatly appreciative! I am going to start making beeswax candles again soon and would like to use the best kind of wick that I can.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  12:19:55 AM  Show Profile
bees wax candles are awesome! They were harder to find where I was living, but I know people here make bees wax candles and I love the sent of them! (they make them from their own bees wax from their own hives!) I can't think of the name of the wick, but I think it may be a fabric kind versus some of the newer man made product kind.

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  06:29:46 AM  Show Profile
i am always surprised some as to how many folks are sensitive. i know foods are a huge trigger for most. our food system is uncontrolled. Corps. can do anything they want and call it a trade secret. even on chemical labels the law protects them. they can promote a certain safe chemical organic natural pure safe clean. they then mix it with their chemical soup they call inert ing. they do not have to tell us what is in it. inert ing. can be 97 percent of product. it is still promoted as organic and safe. that is why calif. took them on for a fight. to be organic in calif. the inerts have to be safe and disclosed on container also. most labels say the primary ing. and call the rest inert. it really can be anything they choose. so they promote the organic but really the working stuff is in the inert as back up. i must say even some organic compounds can be a problem for super sensitives like me. it is because the body still has to cope with the product. it can be as simple as chrysanthemum plant chemicals used for killing gardens pests. this works is fairly safe but bothers me. i use some but am very careful or have some one else apply to plants. absoluttley everything in ones diet must be looked at and everything in ones home and life style. if there are still triggers in the home sickness continues. only after eliminating triggers will the body begin to truly calm. simple things like alee mentioned, such as new furniture have formaldehyde in them. when we bought our leather sofa it sat on the deck for a good 6 or 7 months. it stunk like new stuff. when done gassing off it came in. www.ciin.org is an excellent education site for this. they are respected by there doctors and research scientist on this. small changes make a big difference. i must say the chemical or exposure is the trigger to a mechanism in us. it is the bodies action to the trigger that causes us to feel sick. its like lighting a fire. the match starts it but is not the fire itself. the system in us is broken. at some point in time we were chemically injured. our body could not cope with the exposure at that certain time. in trying to cope it creates chemicals to handle the assault. these chemicals are made by our own systems (mechanisms). since it cant handle the assault we become broken. with missing pieces now the system can not heal itself. the result is muscle pain joint pain headaches soreness nausea muscle fatigue breathlessness. stomach aches constipation followed by loose poop. mant times glucose can help. carbs are recommended. so this is very appropriate this am for me. i had to go to the chemo room yesterday and get a glucose iv. it is not for food but to coat the bodies chemical action with glucose. it helps put the fire out. there are times i can do this at home. yesterday was not one of them. so i received D-5 in an iv with demerol and a anti nausea med to last 5 days. i hope so i lost 3 more pounds. gads. so anyway for me it is another chemical exposure just getting all the drugs for this. i was in trouble yesterday for sure. it was better to get the glucose iv than to risk getting really sick. my ambulance rides are not fun. so yesterday was easier. i am still sick and hurt. i can tell the storm in me is better. in a few days i will be good as new. now all chemicals have an adverse reaction. many folks can feel that right away. the metabolic part usually takes hours to days to show. so what you are exposed to could be from a few days back even. so difficult to track the cause sometimes. iurge you all to go through your home. as alee said bottles and containers outgas in your cupboards just like the laundry isle at the store. shampoo perfume lotion soap cleaners wood polish disinfectants are absolutley terrible. disinfectants are dangerous. sorry this is getting to long. i just so want to help those i can. i know the suffering. i am as we speak suffering today. it will pass. learning is power. thanks alee for this thread of knowledge. if i can help or learn something new here then that would be wonderful. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  06:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My husband and I were talking about this last night. He used to work at a grocery store where he sometimes was a cashier. At the store all the cashiers were trained that for this one customer she had to be allowed to scan her own items and everything. They were not allowed to touch her items, only take her money. She had to do everything else. Doug thought that this was going WAY overboard and kindof thought the lady was a bit crazy until one day he accidentally touched one of her items and then immediatly put it back down. Within minutes he said she was covered with this horrible bleeding rash! She was so sensitive that the chemical detergents that the store used on the work uniforms and even detergents from people around here were too much for her body to handle.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  07:11:47 AM  Show Profile
ok alee you now have tears in my eyes. i too saw some one when i was younger and thought. good grief she has a mask on???? well now i go no where i think will urt me. even one of my sons homes. its sad. they come here. she uses scents. so candle wicks have lead in them. that is why folks get sick. they also are treated for a slow clean burn. so yes you have to get special wicks. i still have issue with the smoke from it. it is still a carbon burn. some folks will not tolerate candles. i have them never light them. they sit here for looks and because they smell like beeswax honey. pure clean candle. there is a porphyria called cutanea tarda. it is a porphyria that causes sores and bleeding of skin. they usually have to be in dark. no sun exposure if they are very sick. the body has 9 enzymes related to hemaglobin. research suggest there may be more. when these emzymes are injure they cant regenerate fast enough. the lack causes the problem. i feel we are foryunate in that we have research and dna. even though pharmacuetical co. wont research small companies are. so new things learned.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  07:20:27 AM  Show Profile
well i meant to check my post and pushed to post reply. so spelling etc. might be goofy. i am very sick today. when i was first sick. i was diagnosed depressed. i was not. then epstein barr, then fibro, then back to depression. well my cup runneth over. i am not depressed. i found a clinic in arroyo grande in ca. they helped me. i came to oregon. we had a lawyers assistant recommend porphria testing. i had it done. it came back with 2 types broken. the symptoms for all these disorders are similar and overlap. they are the same pathways being comprimised. it is a nerve disorder. we have nerves every where. when inherited like me it is called porphyria. when it is aquired through injury it is called porpyrinopathy. they are the same just different causes. those that have epv or fibro are sensitive to chemicals to some extent even if they do not realize it yet. when the environment is full of toxins you cant tell which are your problem. the only way to solve it is to get AGGRESIVE and question everything. i was so sad when i realized what this meant. i threw sh** out the door in anger. this was 20 yrs ago. i threw laundry soaps and deoderant etc out. i cried i was so angry to think the world could be so dirty with chemicals. now i have found alternatives. i have found MJF friends for support. i appreciate all you girls. still gotta milk yak at ya later happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  09:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sherry-

Yes is it amazing the way our word is just soaked with chemicals. The good news is that awareness is growing and hopefully in another 20 years people will look back at the over processes chemical laden food and say "Yuck! That was a bad phase in our history! I am so glad that is past us!"

Another thing we should be really careful of is the plants that absorb chemicals really easily. Things like root vegetables and high water content like strawberries and celary are really bad about being toxin sponges.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  09:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherry- Do you have Peace Lilly plants in your house? They are supposed to be really good at detoxifying the air.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  4:09:31 PM  Show Profile
i only have 2 plants inside my house. i have so many outside plants i dont like house ones. i even smell the mold in the soil when i water. so i have none. we have stainless steel self sealed air filters that use carbon media. same as used for clean rooms for computers in the olden days. plus we have NO products that come in that are toxic. it is a constant battle to keep things filtered out. we have a room all things are in first. they stay there till i know they dont bother me. i agree they can be a good thing. i think pothos is another that helps clean the air. for those with plants good idea alee. well time to nap. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  7:59:56 PM  Show Profile

Alee My sensitivities have come and gone the msg hit me about 21 years ago and knocked me on my butt for two days I thought I was gonna die. I ate Chinese food that I had eaten for years but they had changed suppliers and the sauce had changed. I never ate there again. I wound up with such a overload in my body that anything with even a small amount gave me the sweats and then I spent the night in the bathroom. I have always had allergies. My daughter was born this way she cant even have novocaine her face swells up and she gets hives,She reacted to the MMR shot when she was baby, if she got snow on her skin she swelled up. The big changer for her diet was the morning she woke up with her face swelled so much she didn't look like herself and then like Sherrye mentioned the joint pain My daughter cried for the entire day because of the pain her one knee was as big as a grapefruit after a lot of investigating we figured it was a dairy allergy. The thing that stinks is the Doctor who is very good just told us "some people are just sensitive and keep benedryl on hand. This is just our way of life so we are use to it. One good experience we had at a restaurant was we mentioned my daughter's allergy to tree nuts and the chef actually came to our table to tell us what not to eat and what was safe. For the most part If people are up front about these issues there are people that care and change will come. Ladies don't be shy keep talking about this issue. I heard something once when we buy products we are actually voting for that product so buy good safe products and leave the junk on the shelf.

Mari-lyn

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chemical Sensitivity Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page