Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  4:48:43 PM  Show Profile
I know this goes against all of the MJF values but I am just wondering if anybody out there besides me likes the Disney characters. My DH and I worked at Disney World for awhile and I LOVED that job! I had such fun talking to all the visitors. We took a 4 generation family trip there 3 years ago and are going back in Sept. for a 3 generation get together. I know they are SO expensive and that we save for years, but if you go in the "down" season and have a plan..we celebrate all the birthdays and anniversaris on this one trip. My grandgirls are 9&3 and still believe in the magic, and have priceless pictures & memories from our last trip. We usually don't spend vacation money much-we have been tent campers my entire life-so it's not like we throw money around easily. We live in FLA so we can get cheaper tickets for us and the kids.
Anyway, Tink and Ariel are my favorites. (my 9yo GD has red hair). The 3yoGD likes Tatiana and the frog. Just wondering if there are any other "fans" out there. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  5:28:55 PM  Show Profile
I love Disney characters too. That's the great thing about Farmgirls... we accept all kinds. =)

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  6:22:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Angie, got a favorite? Why is that character a favorite? Joey

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  7:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Joey- I don't think that is against the farmgirl grain! :) I love the Disney characters and much prefer their movies than a lot that come out. Nora loves the Tinkerbell Faries and I love the classics.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  7:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Lady and the Tramp hands down...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  8:43:46 PM  Show Profile
Joey,

Make sure you check with your employee benefits to see if you can get more of a discount on your tickets. The hospital I work at gives discounts on Disney tickets. It's hard to say who's the favorite character here. Usually it's Princess Aurora but my daughter says when she "grows up she's going to drive a bus that looks like Tinkerbell and she's going to put wings on it and do it all by herself."

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  8:56:11 PM  Show Profile
My and DH favorites are Stitch and Baloo

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  9:10:26 PM  Show Profile
ok. You all must be way young.. I am a die hard mickey mouse fan.. I was a year old when I got my first ears. Had those ears for forty years. Watched the mickey mouse club show, even when I was little until it went off the air. my entire house contents in a storage place was stolen along with ears..made me so mad...so i started a classic collection for grand kids...i still cry over bambi...yep nothing like the good old days.......

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  9:25:57 PM  Show Profile
I love all the Disney classics, too! Tinkerbell was especially my favorite when I was little - I had a Tinkerbell nightgown, a Tinkerbell bath set and a Tinkerbell musical jewelry box with Tinkerbell twirling round and round on the inside when you opened the lid - and back then, those were BIG deals! We even got to see "Peter Pan on Ice" a couple of times, which was SO incredibly exciting to me. I was SURE I would become a professional skater one day, only I was going to play Wendy, NOT Peter!!! And my favorite nickname for my doggie is "Tigerlily..." There's just something about her that makes me think of Tigerlily... Her name's Pawlee, but she seems to like her nickname, and she'll come running when I call "Tigerlily," too! LOL!

Paula - you're not alone! I still cry over Bambi, too!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  05:23:07 AM  Show Profile
I have to say Donald Duck or Sleepy - one of the 7 dwarfs.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  05:26:00 AM  Show Profile
have always loved Disney, how can you not ? my daughters too. some favs are Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmations, Robin Hood and Alladin
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  06:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Just came back ffrom Disney - how can you not love that place? My favorite - Tigger - hands down!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  06:45:52 AM  Show Profile
I love Stitch! I have a Stitch plushie =) As a child I was a HUGE Tink fan!I recall zipping around my grandma's back yard in a little girl nighty and waving a stick around pretending to be a fairy =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  07:09:44 AM  Show Profile
mickey mouse ears and the mickey mouse club. with annette and the gang. i also love BAMBI happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  07:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I watched the mickey mouse club too! I'm named after Annette Funichello (my mom.is a fan too, obviously). I adore the classics, but I'd have to say Aladdin is my favorite. My DD's are obsessed with the new Tinkerbell movies, and we have Tink EVERYTHING around here.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  12:06:09 PM  Show Profile
ok, I have to admit. I was sitting in front of the tv right after school to watch The Mickey Mouse Club. Had my ears on everyday. Come to think of it, I STILL have them! I just absolutely loved Spin and Marty and the crazy antics of the ranch. I always had my white horse sitting next to me during the show. Still have that, too. LOL! Tigger has been a favorite. He's so bouncy and lovable. But I love Stitch because he was "born to be bad", was an outcast, found his "ohana" all on his own, learned to love, found his "goodness" level, and saves the day! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  1:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to all that replied. I watched Mickey Mouse club too and still cry at Bambi. Good memories.
For those of you who love Tink or the other faries, there is a safe on-line game of fairies. You can make your own fairy and play games and fly around to different lands. The game is free. You can join for about $6/month and get to do more things. You get a fairy house to decorate...You can decide who you only want your child to communicate with. Website is www.pixiehollow.go.com. I play every week with my grand-daughter who lives 600 miles me and we talk the whole time we're playing. We have so much fun. If you go on, look for me in the hollow. My fairy name is Chestnut Fireglow. My GD buys me the new Tink movie every year for Christmas.
My DH & I also collect Disney pins. The cheapest pin you can buy in the park is $6.95 with tax-which I think is OUTRAGOUS!! I sell my Disney pins for $5.00 total. If anyone is interested in a pin e-mail me.
The kids all grow up so fast. It is so nice when they still believe in the magic. 3yo GD who has never been to Disney or on any rides thinks we're going someplace like the beach. Katie and I may be riding "It's a small world" boat 15 times while all the others go do Disney things..that's OK with me. Joey

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic TINK? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page