Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Anyone have a faux fireplace (ventless)?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone have a faux fireplace (ventless)? Next Topic  

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  10:21:08 AM  Show Profile
Do any of ya'll have a faux fireplace...one that runs off electricity or the new ones that burn gel? Just wanting to get some feedback on how you like them and what kind I should look into.

Thanks!

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  9:43:36 PM  Show Profile
My parents and my grandmother both have the natural gas versions - but not electric or gel. I've never heard of the gel before - sounds interesting!

I DO know, however, that both my parents and grandmother really enjoy the convenience of being able to "turn on" the fireplace and not have to gather wood, etc. When I've been at their homes, the fireplaces are cozy, too. I have to say, however, that I really prefer our wood stove - it's definitely more work, but it seems to have a "life" to it that I appreciate.

Good luck! What fun choices to make!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  1:51:24 PM  Show Profile
We have a ventless propane stove, and we love it. There's no natural gas available out where we are, so if you wanna cook with gas (and I just *have* to!), propane is the only option. I'm curious about the gel fuel. Sounds like what they used in the early rockets!

To us, the idea of an electric fireplace defeats the purpose of having a way to stay warm when the power goes out.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone have a faux fireplace (ventless)? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page