theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  08:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Well~ I'm back from my trip to the Northwest~~ I had a wonderful time and especially getting together with the "Utah farmgals"~~I flew thru SLC on the way home and got to see the Lake and the salt... Very interesting~
And I love the mountains in Idaho and Utah.. Beautiful part of the country~~
Had a great time with my sis and we even had a pretty tea party on her back porch in the garden.Did a little more antiquing and I found a tea pot made of chicken wire for $1 that I brought home...also some glass buttons for 25c that look like diamonds and a black glass one for $1...My first glass buttons!! There are several really good antique malls/shops at Idaho Falls if you ever go near there.

But~~~ It was good to get back home... Hot and terribly muggy in the Midwest...Off to Chicago tomorrow with DH for a couple days and then....nothing but working and relaxing at home until I go back to my full time job...Oh well..I will enjoy it while it lasts...until reality sets back in..
Jan

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  09:33:28 AM  Show Profile
Jan
I love to travel, but I think the best part is coming back to "Home Sweet Home"
I am glad you arrived safe and sound.
It sure was fun to meet you, and your sweet sister.
I hope our paths cross again.
Enjoy your beautiful farmhouse, herb lady!
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  12:25:42 PM  Show Profile
I am the same way..I love to get to see new things and do fun stuff but coming home is my favorite part of vacation!!
I agree with Kate..meeting you and Jill was so much fun!
Have fun in Chicago!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  06:17:06 AM  Show Profile
I am leaving for Seattle in about a week and a half for three weeks and I KNOW I will be anxious to get back to "home sweet home".......but I am looking forward to seeing a part of our country I have never seen.

"There is a voice that doesn't use words........Listen."
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  5:18:06 PM  Show Profile
Well~~ I'm back from the "windy city" Although it wasnt very windy~~ very hot,walking and walking, and lots of people! I thought SLC was big... Whew~~ Country living is the life for me!! I couldnt take the hustle and bustle every day.. It was a good time tho~~ me and DH got away for a couple days..We went to Shedd Aquarium and the Art Institute... I love the French Impressionists!!!
Been working in the garden every morning at 7am before it gets tooo hot!! Heat index in the 100's here at home...But just the same~~~ There's no place like home~~!
Jan
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Home Sweet Home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page