Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Just read about Tasha Tudor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just read about Tasha Tudor Next Topic  

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  9:05:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I just read a book about Tasha Tudor called, The Private World of Tasha Tudor. She was an amazing person! I wish I could have met her. She had such enthusiasm for life. And I love her quote,"What you want is entirely a state of mind". I also learned how to get rid of voles(those nasty little varmints!). Tasha gave them Ex-Lax, which "does them in pretty well", according to her. Has anyone else read this book? I know I saw something about Tasha in a recent MJF Magazine or Cluck.

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

ChickieMama
True Blue Farmgirl

303 Posts

Angela
Banks Oregon
USA
303 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  12:23:56 AM  Show Profile
I love Tasha Tudor. Have you visited the website? Amazing woman she was. What a wonderful family she has to carry on her legacy too.

Farmgirl Sister#2808
"Happy Hens make Happy Eggs"
http://lazyjoranch.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/lazyjoranch
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  06:52:10 AM  Show Profile
Another long time fan of Tasha Tudor here. I have several of her books and some of her childrens books that she is the illustrator of. Such a simple beautiful life she lead.
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  11:00:35 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE Tasha Tudor! My middle daughter's name is Annabelle! Just before she was born I found her "A is for Annabelle" book and purchased it for her.We lost the book in our cross country move, so I purchased the book again and matching material for my daughter's hope chest. She LOVED it. I highly recommend her web site!

Margaret

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
Henry David Thoreau

Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  11:28:16 AM  Show Profile
I've always loved Tasha. As a little girl, I had a lot books illustrated by her, and was later introduced to her lifestyle through Victoria magazine in the 80's and 90's. Now I buy my wee one Tasha Tudor illustrated books. For my Godson, Max's christening, I bought a copy of A Child's Garden of Verses, illustrated and signed by Tasha (through her website). It is a very treasured family gift.

We are currently reading One is One. When she's a little older, we'll read more!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  06:51:20 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad to hear there are more out there who feel as I do about Tasha! It is absolutely amazing how she led her life in the middle of today's world. I actually envy her in that she had her property far from modern civilization and no one bothered her, or judged her. I believe it is the "judging" part that bothers me the most in this world. When one goes out in public, others look to see what one is wearing. Is it the "right color"? Does it match? Is it "outdated"? "Is she wearing makeup?"(heaven help her if she isn't) The corporate world is the worst! Just recently I was talking with someone who had attended a seminar about "proper corporate dress" and what "proper handbag" one should be carrying. Certain brand(s) which are "allowed", and no "country bumpkin" handmade thing. Otherwise people don't take one seriously! Bwahhahahahah! LOL!!!! I tell ya, it sent me ROLLING!!!!! WHO CARES! What matters is the heart of the person!!
I believe that is the reason I love this forum. No cold, corporate hullabaloo here!

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  06:56:12 AM  Show Profile
ChickieMama, I have visited her website. Such a wonderful thing that her family is carrying on her legacy. They have such a treasure trove!

Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  07:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Another thing that fascinated me in this book is the fact that her family, in the past, had been in the company of some of my most favorite people; such as Mark Twain, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, the Alcotts. Oh! How lucky to have conversed with the likes of them!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  8:13:18 PM  Show Profile
As a young girl I was a huge Tasha Tudor book collector. We have so many I have a special shelf for them. Then, when I got all the ones I wanted, I started collecting for the kids from my future. It was so fun and now I am really glad I was using such foresight. My daughter really likes Tasha too, so it is nice to know I'll have them to share with her. Our favorite cookbook for Christmas is her Buttery Shelf Cookbook

I would LOVE to have her wildflower "patch" at our house. Someday, it will be!

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  9:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I had never heard of her until just now, but I'm captivated...will be reading more on her!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6583 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6583 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  07:23:47 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I too love Tasha Tudor and life she lead, what a wonderful lady and inspiration to us al. I have quite a few of her books and read them over and over, especially her Christmas one. Since she passed her books get harder to get and more expensive as well. Her website is wonderful and her family continues her life and work. She is one woman I always wanted to meet but never got the opportunity, I have gotten to know this wonderful lady through her books.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  09:06:12 AM  Show Profile
Ooooh! Rejena, I think I'm going to have to have a look-see at her Buttery Shelf Cookbook. Sounds delicious! I have been "introduced" to "Corgiville". It is darling! She sure loved her Corgis! All the Corgis I've been around have been absolute sweethearts. I can definitely understand her love of them!

Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
84 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  6:46:26 PM  Show Profile
I have several of her books, those she wrote and the ones about her. Have you seen her dvd's? One is about how she did Christmas and the other features her beautiful flowers and gardening. Both of them are wonderful.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  7:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh! I just may have to find those DVD's! Wonder if I can find them at the library? Hmmmmm..

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  06:19:47 AM  Show Profile
Tasha DVD's??? I had no idea---I am off to search for them.
She was an amazing woman---my daughter and I were always so inspired by her. Once, many years ago, my then little girl wrote to her. Although she was not able to write back on her own, she did receive a hand written note from her nephew (I am pretty sure). plus some little note cards. It was such a thrill for my daughter---she still has them in a keepsake box :0).
Her marionettes are amazing---

Married to my High School sweetie for 22+ years. Stay at home mom to the amazing 4--Megs (19), Ryan(17), Josh (14), Zack (13). A born and raised Brooklyn, NY chickie girl that has been trying to figure out this country thing in PA for the past dozen years!
"The thing about family disasters is that you never have to wait long before the next one puts the previous one into perspective." ~Robert Brault
Sister # 3062
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  10:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Talk about living in the wrong century...She was truly an inspiring woman who listened to the beat of her own drum.

Have you ever felt you were living in the wrong time period? I have...

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  5:55:19 PM  Show Profile
I remember all her books grwoing up, so lovely! Was lucky enough to grow up less than half an hour from her farm so her goodies were always around!

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

Starbright
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Marie
Van Buren AR
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  09:20:19 AM  Show Profile
I dearly LOVE Tasha Tudor! I, too, have the books about her. I love reading about her life and seeing the lovely photographs. I would love to be like her, working in my own flowergardens, etc. when I am 80 and 90! You must read Tasha Tudor's Garden, also!

Starbright
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  4:20:41 PM  Show Profile
Tanya - did they give tours of her farm when you were young? Did you see it? That would be amazing. Another Tasha Tudor fan - and I sure do want a Corgi...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Turtlemoon
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

378 Posts

Tanya
Port Orchard Washington
USA
378 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  09:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Lorraine, they did give tours and i went once, sadly when i was to young to appreciate it. But i remember always driving by and thinking how pretty the house was and the gardens.

Raggedy Ann stuck in a Barbie Doll World

FarmGirl#1737

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonhonu
Go to Top of Page

harpermmi
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Joan
Fennville Michigan
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  12:57:51 PM  Show Profile
For those of you who are Tasha fans, you might enjoy my blog about visits to her home

http://visitstocorgicottage.blogspot.com/2015/01/teacups-and-blueberry-pie.html

from Pleasant Hill Farm
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  4:29:45 PM  Show Profile
I love Tasha Tudor too. I was blessed to find one of her books at my Favorite Antique Mall and I was hooked!!!

Joan I will go check out your blog. It would be fun to be able to visit her home.

We have an awesome house in Woodland Washington called The Lilac Ladies House. I wrote a story/with pictures on
my LadyInRed Blog...listed below if anyone would like to read the Lilac Ladies Story.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  8:42:34 PM  Show Profile
I too luv Tasha Tudor and her beloved Corgi's.
I recently found a "A is for Annebelle' book...
She also had an extensive vtg. dress collection that was sold off, that was sold off, but I can't remember if it was just before or right after her passing.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just read about Tasha Tudor Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page